Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DOCTORS vs MOTORCYCLES

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DOCTORS vs MOTORCYCLES

DOCTORS VS GUNS

FACTS TO PONDER:

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is

80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million..)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately
9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on

lawyers

for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention

Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Retired Mod

i don't know what's more alarming. the fact that these numbers are available or the fact that someone made these figures available for all to see. so what's the scientific risk involved if i rided my motorcycle to the doctor while carrying a gun? and does the risk factor go up if the doctor also owns a gun? lol.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:03 AM

Pops a Brain/Neuro Doc,

So I used to get my fair share of X-Ray crushed skulls/bodies via mail from him back in the day to keep me off TWO wheels... Did no good, but Not cool, so I'm the highest at risk here....so far.

Pops a Doc, have a Flight Doc, a Civilian Doc, own multiple guns and motorcycle, fly for a living which is inherently dangerous... not really looking good here....

3 Docs
Multiple Guns
Moto Cycle
Hanging w/birds...
My guess is the Grim "R" will give me a stroke in the end due to Taxes, Bills, etc....

For Pitsvtec: If "Organ Donor" is for everyone in the Emergency Room, my Flt Doc just yesterday asked me who's driving the "DONOR CYCLE".... no mistake there! Gotta luv the Doc - and when he flies up front with us, I just tell'm "I'm really not supposed to be here cus I have no idea what we're doing...."

Old 02-02-2006, 01:12 AM

Yea my gf's mother is a nurse and gives me a hard time... all the time. She didn't like the motocross idea and now the sportbike and motocross....... I hear about it every damn day.....

Old 02-04-2006, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: johndoe

Do you know what they call us in the emergency room?

Organ donors

That is 100% true. I worked in an ER for awhile before going to fire service and that is the truth.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:25 PM

I dont know about you guys but i have had a friend pass away due to a sportbike accident (she was riding her gsxr600) and her husband watched it happen when she hit a car that pulled out in front of her. BOTH of us are still riding! if you are passionate about it no one can deter you from what you love to do. My whole family dislikes my sport including a few in the medical profession...sometimes you just have to ignore people who will never understand.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:20 PM

I work in surgery so I hear it all the time!!!!! From Neurosurgeons, Anesthesialolgists, General Surgeons, etc. Heck everyone gives me crap. They just keep telling me they hope not to see me on the table. They all know I ride safe. But theres always someone who has to bring it up all the time.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:25 PM

I gotta agree with AirGuardian on a few points. I own several guns, fly helicopters, and have 2 docs myself. Odds not looking so good. I should not ride my bike to the docs office for my flight physical, then strap on my M9 and grab the M4 Carbine and hop in the bird and take off should I??? Safety ***** wont be happy until LIVING is dangerous!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:37 PM

I hate to tell you guy this but you are comparing apples to oranges. You would have to calculate how many people go to the doctor compare to how many people died from the doctor. And then compare it to the ratio of how many people own a bike compared to deaths on a bike. Comparing how many doctors accidentaly kill someone is only saying if "you" are a doctor and have a bike, you have a better chance of killing someone that way, than killing yourself on a bike. Anyone know what I'm saying...

Old 02-10-2006, 02:47 AM

yeah its also like compairing gas with soda or some drink product. gas being 2.69 gal compared to paying 1.29 for 20 oz of soda i dont know about you but i dont drink 22 gals of soda a week.

Quick Reply: DOCTORS vs MOTORCYCLES