Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you wave to scooter-tards?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you wave to scooter-tards?

oh and i wave to Harleys. they wave to if its a sunday ride and they are out cruising, i think its a different crowd then, during the week on my way to work i don't harleys wave as much. the sunday Harley rides are actually out enjoying there bikes rather then just having them and using them to get to work, so they are probably in a better mood and thus, wave more.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Anything but scooters, although i guess if i saw a pimped up Ruckus i would wave at that, but thats it

Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 PM

Being the owner of a 92 jeep wrangler, I have watched the "Jeep Wave" die. You just rarely ever see it anymore.

I typically don't initate a wave to scooter riders because it seems to confuse them, but anyone else on two wheels, I wave. Personally, I think the cops are the worst about not waving back.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1
I wave to everybody - especially the youngsters on 125/150 machines - if we don't teach them "road respect " who will ?

Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Retired Moderator

I always wave...but I don't always know what is coming up on the horizon. I especially wave to cruisers...mostly, they wave back. IfI knew I was waving to a scoot, I would probably be a dick, and not wave.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave at everything, but thats because I'm a lunatic riding motorcycle, sometimes I'll just nod, but I won't/don't differentiate between someones choice of two/three wheels. A lot of folks out their on scoots or tiny bikes are are potential bike enthusiasts. I've found that there are two types of riders. Those that try riding for awhile & give it away because they don't like it & those like you & me they get the bug & keep riding & the comradere that goes with riding is a great, great thing, & waving to a fellow biker is the acknowledgement of it. I've had many a converstion with Cops on bikes (& sometimes I was not even being booked) & many of them have admitted to joining the force just so they could ride bikes & get paid for doing it. As for Harley riders, I don't give a rats if they wave back or not, some do, most won't even bother to make eye contact (to scared to look sideways I guess), but I've had that reponse from Ducati & BMW owners as well.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:16 AM

I usually wave at everyone (rockets or 'ruisers). Most of the time though, those damn scooters look like sportbikes when they're coming straight on and you feel like a 'tard when they hold their hand up high with that Ms. America wave and yell "hi bud-dy!"

Old 06-25-2008, 06:20 AM

Hah, the last scooter I passed I gave the finger to. Now, in my defense, I thought it was one of my friends on his sister's scooter, but as it turns out, it was just some dude. Oh well.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:05 AM

I wave at all sportbikes, and if scooters wave, I give them the nod. I live in the Milwaukee area and we have sooooo many Harley douche bags around here, and none of them wave, so I dont even acknowledge them.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:36 AM
VP

I've noticed down here in ATL most of the emo R-tard millionaire college kids riding the scooty puff juniors aren't paying attention when you wave so they don't notice if you wave or not

Quick Reply: Do you wave to scooter-tards?