CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Do you wave to scooter-tards? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/do-you-wave-scooter-tards-71700/)

Blue Fox 06-24-2008 06:53 PM

RE: Do you wave to scooter-tards?

I wave to anyone on two wheels. Saying things like "I don't wave to scooters" is EXACTLY THE SAME as the Harley guys saying "I don't wave to sportbikers". And just about everyone on here is in consensus that most of the HD guys are jackasses because they don't wave to us.......so isn't it hypocritical of us to do the same to scooters?

Just waive, who gives a flying f**k what they're on! At least they're riding.

heybuddy1901 06-24-2008 06:59 PM

ill buy you a pink vespa fox :)

im sure u can rock it, haha

heybuddy1901 06-24-2008 07:02 PM

and im in no way trying to be a jackass or w/e

just feeling around for others opinions..

reaper2022 06-24-2008 07:11 PM

I wave to scooters every time I see them... what's funny is that there's only been one time that I waved to a scooter in full knowledge that it was, in fact, a scooter and not a sportbike... and to this day, that's the onlytime the wave was returned lol

And I figure three wheelers should get the wave, too... hell, I've never had a guy on a three wheeler not return the wave. That's a helluva lot better than the 10:6 ratio I'm getting on returned waves from bikers.

We're all in this together (yes, even the guys on three wheelers)... so why the hell not be friendly to one another?

jstew600 06-24-2008 07:36 PM

Around here in Buckeyeville I get curtious waves from 95% of Harley riders, whether i've waved first or not. Might be your area, bad rap for sporters?

some guy #2 06-24-2008 07:37 PM

i hate when you see one of them scooters that look like naked bikes or even sport bikes from far away and you stick out your hand to wave and then you finally realize that its a scoot scoot.
That's the only reason I wave at scooters. Other than that everyone gets the wave.

PlayfulGod 06-24-2008 07:44 PM

I wave at everything. Half the time I dont even pay attention to if they wave back of not. My fav is to wave while leaning in the twisties lol. Dunno whose more oh shyt them or me:D

HARDCORP 8654 06-24-2008 07:52 PM

I throw the wave down whether I get it back or not to any one on two wheels hell at least they are out there making an effort to be part of the community. That also includes motor officers. It is funny at times to watch their response and PG +1 on the twisties LOL

420cbr 06-24-2008 07:55 PM

I'll have to try the big ass kiddo wave next time i see a bunch of harleys, or even just one (as soon as I can ride again). Seems like every douchebag with a little money has a harley where I live and almost all of them are total aholes to people on sportbikes. I think its an insecurity thing, they are definitely trying to compensate for something.

Gville George 06-24-2008 08:34 PM

I only wave to bikes, i live in a college town and there are 5 million kids that ride scooters here and none of them wave, i think if i waved to them they would look around for a bike. I wave to dirt bikes of course.

I aslo don't wave on the interstate now though, to fast, there is always a big ass median and you cant see if someone is waving, i try to keep my eyes on the mini van in front of me that has had his turn signal on for 3 miles. ocassionally another sport bike with do the big arm all the way out wave to me and i will return it, but i am usaully already past them when i do.