Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you think theres ever a reason to watch crash vids?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid person gets on the back of a bike with no protection. Stupider person with said individual on back has his buddies make a video of him doing a wheelie with her on the bike. Girl falls off. This is funny because, quite frankly, she got what she deserved.

When stupid people hurt themselves it is funny. When people are doing everything right and they get run over by a moron in a cage who didn't have time to check his blind spot, that is ****!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a public forum. When anyone posts something, they open up a discussion. In an open discussion you have to be ready to take the good, the bad and the ugly. Disagreeing with someone's opinion is not justification to attack the person.

If you cannot accept this, don't open a discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nicely put Kuro. Once again, I'm pleased with your even-handed moderation of this site.

Thanks, Ern

Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motorcycle5
We all want to value our life, and it hurts us to witness life being made 'cheap' --even by mistake. I am still conflicted. Sometimes I think every thing gained by internet access is answered by an equal amount of loss. Sure, nobody gets hurt in this video, but its insanely grim about how cheaply a life can end.
The way I interpret this is as: the more that one is aware of what can potentially and may actually happen, the more innocence is lost and less ignorant one becomes as to how frail life really is and at what cost it must be valued and respected as.

It is my opinion that too many people in today's world are completely oblivious as to what's actually going on around them or as to what consequences their actions have the potential of resulting in. Somewhat similar to The Matrix. Do you want the blue pill (blissful ignorance of illusion) or the red pill (painful truth of reality)? ...and how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

BTW, this comment is not directed at anyone in particular, it's just a general opinion.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I don't go looking for crash videos, but I will watch them if they're posted up. I try to avoid anything where there's a fatality - posting that on the internet is just poor taste. I don't mind professional motorsports crashes (especially bikes) because 1) they're usually okay, and 2) they affect the outcome of the race, which can be really interesting (Indianapolis 500 eh?).

Old 06-08-2011, 02:24 PM

i watch all i can find. I'd rather learn from other people's mistakes then make them myself.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:27 PM

i agree with the idea that when i watch them it gives me more to think back on sometimes u have to make split second decisions and the more that is in the back of your mind the better prepared your brain is to make a desicion but the fatality ones r definently a poor choice to watch those people deserve respect! we all run the risk its just a matter of how u act when u r riding to earn the respect.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boredom? I eventually ran out of Ghostrider, stunt videos and Wayne Rainey tribute videos to watch. Youtube also likes to recommend them to me. I'll tell you, though, I went to a drag strip the other night and watching all those guys loop their bikes on the launch made me puss out of ever getting on it on my launches.

Quick Reply: Do you think theres ever a reason to watch crash vids?