Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you know what accountability is?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007 | 12:50 PM
Default RE: Do you know what accountability is?

i have not seen anyone come out and bash stunting as a whole. what i do see is people coming to ask questions on here like, is doing a wheelie on the highway really wreckless driving? hell yeah it is!what i do see is people saying they were doing 100mph and the cop was a dick for giving them a ticket for 30 over. what i do see is people openly admitting they run from the cops to avoid a $150 ticket that they deserve, and then wonder why cops are such 'dicks' to sportbikers. YOU DO THE MATH! everything you guys do on your bikes represents each and everyone of us as a whole. everything you do molds the already horrible stereotype that we have. this board is not anti-stunting, it is anti-irresponsibility. i have absolutely no problem with people stuntin, if you want to bang up your ride or endanger yourself, that is your choice, just dont make me or any other bystander suffer the consequences of your bad decision by doing is somewhere that endagers me or them. i should not have to worry about getting sideswiped by a kid doing a 70mph wheelie on my way to work. thats plain and simple. as it has been said over and over again, there is a time and a place to stunt, and the highway is not one of them.

Old 05-21-2007 | 01:05 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

It's nice to know I'm not alone in wishingpeople would take responsibility for their riding, and in saying stunting isn't for public roads. Stunting has never impressed me whether done in on two wheels or four.I'm far moreimpressedand interested inthe skill demonstrated in off or onroad racing But if that's what one likes to do, go for it. Just keep it off public roads. That goes for racing too.

Old 05-21-2007 | 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco
there is a time and a place to stunt, and the highway is not one of them.
It may not be the place to stunt but u know as well as i do it is the place where it all starts. Im just stating a fact that it aint ever gonna go away. Im not gonna stop pullin 70mph whoolies out there cause thats what i like to do. Hell man, bikers have always had a bad rep and always will. Just how it is. People think we are all reckless ******** for riding something that doesnt have 4 wheels and isnt protected on all sides by metal. Hell man, after u prove to them that ur notwreckless, ride safe w/ full gear and what not they still think that theiris something a lil off wit u for riding on something that is potentially dangerous...like it or not. Do people need to be responsible for their actions...hell yeah they do. But, this is a public forum. This is a place where some people like to come and vent their problems (i am def oneof them ). Ifsomebody gets pulled over for doin a whoolie thru a crowded street and get a ticket it is theirright to sithere and whine about getting the ticket. Do i think that they should...no. Would i...probably for a min or so. In fact i think that i didlast timei got a ticket in my truckthe day before thanksgiving.

Old 05-21-2007 | 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

Im not gonna stop pullin 70mph whoolies out there cause thats what i like to do.
unfortunately dizzie, that type of attitude has gotten us to where we are.if that happens to be a back road where you could not possibly hurt anyone, then fine, but if it isnt, you already know my stance. i realize that a single post in this forum will not stop people from doing the irresponsible things that they do, but the same as you said this is a public forum and we have the right to state that view as well. and yes, you are right, we have had a bad rep from the get go, but that doesnt mean we should live up to that rep. and you are also right that it will always probably always be that way, but that is just b/c too many people could give 2 sh*ts about it and keep doing the irresonsible things they do and not taking accountability for it. albeit, this is a public forum, but that doesnt mean that people should come here and place blame where its not due. you speed, you get a ticket, its not the cops fault, period! you committed the crime, what did the cop do? his job? OMG, we cant have that! now yes we have established there are some that abuse their power and are just plain dicks, but them aside, it is a majority of them that are just doing their jobs.

Old 05-21-2007 | 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Chad 4000
i get it man... im not trying to talk ****. but everyone seems to have opinions on how to do everything.

it would be nice if people actually cared but I think its more like they are worried about what other bikers think of our "community" and our insurance rates.

I own a lot of gear, i wear it most the time, sometimes not.
that is from another thread, and i never thought about it until now, seems to me like its very true, if me and diz were to be ridin wheelies down capital blvd here in raleigh, a major road with 2 dozen stoplights, but getting far enough ahead of the cars to safely ride a wheelie and put on a good show is very possible and ive seen it done before. do these people care to not see us get hurt? or do they care not to tarnish their own image on a sportbike? very good questin

Old 05-21-2007 | 02:13 PM

now yes we have established there are some that abuse their power and are just plain dicks
but this is the major problem that people have. Its the few bad apples that make it easy to blame things on...just like in riding. its the couple ******** out there (myself included) that make it bad for everybody else. but that is just life. maybe when i get to be older i wont wanna ride as hard as i do...but that is later. hopefully i wont. i love doing what i do (even tho i suck at wheelies ) and hope that i will never get to thinkin that i shouldnt do them. nothing makes me more happy than clutchin it up, hittin bp and riding her out till it damn near red lines and settin her down nice and soft. just does. ive done it a hundred times and i still cant get over it. but....x is right that if i get caught that its my fault. i know its against the law to pick the front wheel up. but im still gonna do it. and when i get a ticket, as im sure i will, i will probably come on here and bitch and complain just cause i dont think i should get a ticket. just how everybody is honestly.

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:06 PM

IMO JZ, there is no safely riding a wheelie on public roads. whether it was b/c the lady WAY behind you is not paying attention or merely cant see you fall over in front of her, you should not have fallen since you shouldnt be doing them there to begin with.

although i dont condone it dizzie, at least you appear to assume accountability for what you do. be it right or wrong.

something to leave you with, whats the difference between an idiot and an *******? the idiot doesnt know any better.

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:10 PM

the X is the mang...and i gots his back for telling it as it should be told. the truth can be coated with sugar to make swalling it easier but there are just too many noobs who think they are invincible, etc...so no need to coat truth or blow sunshine up the skirt...it's time to just say the truth...

this board is infested with more than its share of squids...and as we all know from marine biology 101...squids don't have ears to listen...therefore...they will not listen to the truth...nor would sugar coating it make it any better...

hence...many members, such as X and abadfish, lay it out...for the noobtards...who still don't listen...it's very frustrating...but that's just life...we do what we can...and for those who are ignorant and won't listen...we wish them the best...and hope that they do not do something stupid and pass away...but in the event they do...we pray that something comes for their tragedy...that a noobtard reads it, snaps out of ignorance...

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:13 PM

something to leave you with, whats the difference between an idiot and an *******? the idiot doesnt know any better.
yeah, well in the eyes of most people all riders are ******** just for the fact that they ride bikes...and it dont matter how they ride either, its just that they do.

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

yeah, well in the eyes of most people all riders are ******** just for the fact that they ride bikes...and it dont matter how they ride either, its just that they do.
incorrect. people think we are ******** b/c of people who ride irresponislbly, run from the cops, pull 70mph wheelies on the interstate, and say FU all to boot!