Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you know what accountability is?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you know what accountability is?

How many are guilty of any of these?

1. if you get caught speeding, do you blame the cop?
2. if you're speeding and a car gets in your way, is it the cagers fault?
3. If you take a noob rider out and you lead him beyond his limits, is it at least partially your fault?
4. If you get into any accident that involves a car, is it the cagers fault?
5. If you get a ticket for doing wheelies on the freeway, even though you know it's illegal is it the cop being a d!ck?

Read through most of the posts here and you'll see why I ask. People need to be more responsible and accountable for their own actions.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you know what accountability is?

if my answer is correct do i win a new tv set????

Old 05-21-2007, 12:06 AM

1. run
2. yes
3. totally my fault
4.yes
5. apply tatics used in question 1

Old 05-21-2007, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

1. run
2. yes
3. totally my fault
4.yes
5. apply tatics used in question 1
except for 3-i ride alone!!!!
[sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 AM

TheX: You have to realize that the majority on this forum (or most others) are kids right out of HS and really don't take anything they do seriously or look at this particularhobby with any respect whatsoever. It's just something to be into because of the "coolness factor". I can think of about 10-15 people on this very forum that I have respect for because of insight, helpfulness and respect for the hobby.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 AM

TheX, you seem to catch a lot of flak for you tough views but I have the same metality that you do when it come's to responsibility of a driver. Too many people drive like mad men and do stupid things all the time. Every time they get on their bikes they do stupid things because they get used to it and don't even think twice. Then the law steps in and somehow the cop's the bad guy. Some people are just ridiculous and can't take an objective look at themselves. Or they just don't care until it's too late.

To each their own i believe. You make your bed, you lay in it. I guess too many people hate to man up for their actions, anyone asking themselves those kinda questions should think twice about their riding habits anyway.

#3 is a good question though. I was brand new to street bikes 2 months ago but have a long time rider i ride with very often. Atleast the first month we rode together almost daily, not so much anymore... Anyways, experienced riders need to be responsible around rookies because whether they know it or not the noob is watching what they do trying to learn how to handle their own bike. Luckily my mentor was responsible, showed me how to pre-ride inspect my bike, maintenence it, and generally set a good driving example. Had i hung with some of my friend on street bikes i think my habits today might be different, if i hadn't crashed by now that is. Riding with an experienced rider makes you feel more confident then what you are capable of, no question in my mind.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:29 AM

how about me d? i rode in a secluded lot today with 2 other guys for 6 hours on my crappy looking f4i, theres coolness factor

Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 AM

how about me d? i rode in a secluded lot today with 2 other guys for 6 hours on my crappy looking f4i, theres coolness factor
Hahaha...you're ok with me because you hate squids so much!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:00 AM

sorry but the running from cops line doesn't exactly make you look like a mature adult

and it depends on what you were doing in the parking lot, if you were just havin fun with friends, its cool but if your were practicing some stunts to show off on public roads then...

personally if get pulled over, I'm taking responsibility for my actions and paying the damn ticket
the speed limits are there for a reason, now I'm not saying I don't speed but I understand that those rules have to be enforced otherwise the dumbasses that drive around here would be killing people right and left, ESPECIALLY us motorcycle riders
not to mention that imo running from the cops makes every one of us look like criminals, its not fair but cops and non-riders group sportbike riders together
they see one bike doing something stupid and thats all they think about when they see me on my bike going the speed limit
also if you run from the cop and get away, then I get pulled over later for going 5mph over, there's no chance he's cutting me a break

the squids and jackasses can do what they want, hopefully they'll grow up eventually without getting killed first

Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 AM

nah we were workin on slow wheelies, as for runnin from the cops, ive ran from blue lights 1 time, recently, cause it was gonna be a mega ticket and probably jail either way, but it was late at night 4 miles from home, **** i normally ride slow as **** on the street but i hate streets now. but i suck in a lot[:'(]

Search this Thread