Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Discouraging idiots

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007 | 08:33 PM
|
Default Discouraging idiots

So here's my story. I was riding on the freeway on my way to work. There's an insane amount of traffic, and I'm riding with my usual paranoid mind that somebody is going to switch lanes and hit me. I pay close attention to certain drivers and I'm glad I did because I narrowed out this one idiot. I was splitting lanes, legal in CA, and I started to decelerate. I looked at his car and guess wtf happened? He started to switch lanes before he even signaled. In fact, he didn't signal at all. He was halfway to the other lane and he finally noticed me. Right now, he's blocking both freaking lanes. The idiot decides to just stay halfway without fully transferring to the other lane. He not only came close to hitting me, but is now blocking me from passing as well as two lanes. The idiot finally got passed his oh crap I f***ed up moment and continued to switch lanes. I drove up next to him and stared his *** down. The bastard.

There is just an overwhelming amount of bad drivers out there. I've seen people talking on their cells, on the laptop, doing their makeup, etc. It just makes things so frustrating that they can't pay attention to the road. Incidents like this discourages me from riding on the freeway and the streets. Right now, I'm contemplating just tracking my bike and riding the twisties only. Do any of you ever get discouraged from these idiots?

Old 07-25-2007 | 08:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Discouraging idiots

I can't imagine riding in LA. You have ********* to trump the band, my friend...suprised they don't get in the way of your riding. Do you ride for transportation or for transpo and pleasure? I would hate to see anyone (especially one working their way up to my level of muscle massiveness) get hurt. Just keep your paranoia level at +1...

Old 07-25-2007 | 08:48 PM

i used to ride in downtown indy and around i-65 area daily. it gets frustrating but dont let it sap the fun man...get over it...i die almost daily...ohwell

Old 07-25-2007 | 08:49 PM

oopps...i almost die daily lol

Old 07-25-2007 | 08:57 PM

Dallas-Fort Worth area. Live out in the country, so have to watch for deer, possums, and raccoons. Me and a buddy ride into the metroplex about once a week, and when we stop at least once per ride one of us has to say "Did you see the idiot in the ____ (insert make, model of your choice)try to kill me?"

Had a semi changing lanes into both of us last week. He saw us, ignored us,and kept coming. Wish I had a gun with me.

Old 07-25-2007 | 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i
There is just an overwhelming amount of bad drivers out there. I've seen people talking on their cells, on the laptop, doing their makeup, etc. It just makes things so frustrating that they can't pay attention to the road. Incidents like this discourages me from riding on the freeway and the streets. Right now, I'm contemplating just tracking my bike and riding the twisties only. Do any of you ever get discouraged from these idiots?
A few years back I used to drive to work early in the morning. I'd often end up behind the same guy in a white Camaro. Every time I saw him, without fail, he'd be reading a newspaper draped across the steering wheel as he drove. Crazy...

It really is incredible the number of idiots out there who have their license when they really shouldn't. I'm not saying that I'm a perfect driver, I don't think anyone is, but when I drive I make a point of doing that and only that.

Like voodoo said, you've got some *********!

Old 07-25-2007 | 09:39 PM

I hear that "SQUIDS" are also invading California.
You will have to watch out for them also, or they will get you!!!
HAHA

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Technology...ory?id=3411377

Old 07-25-2007 | 09:40 PM

hey Audicbr i know just what you mean. i live in Muncie and would ride in Indy sometimes. its nuts around there. no ones seems to pay attention to what they are doin while they are driving.

Old 07-25-2007 | 10:04 PM

I get discouraged when I get inconsiderate people. Just today, I got into some rain and was going approx 5 under on a five lane road. I'm riding in the right lane with no one in the left lane. Imagine that, some dumb chick on her cell and smoking a cigarette is basically on my back tire and won't go around. It sucks hard but riding is such a joy that I still do it every day. Just keep your head up, eyes scanning, and be ready. I ride with the mentality that everyone is out to get me or is going to pull out.

Old 07-25-2007 | 10:15 PM

You cant completely blame him. Ya, he didnt signal but you're riding between the lanes and he saw you and had a freak moment.

Quick Reply: Discouraging idiots