Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

well I hear alot of don't generalize cops.Well when I get 9 outa 10 cops harrassing me well the label fits.No I'm not mad cause I got ticketed.I rarely get any tickets.I still get pulled over atleast once every 2 weeks for something stupid.here is my favorite excuse.look at mt tag.It is where it belongs and I have 2 lights I repeat 2 lights on my tag to keep it lit up. Now you tell me if my tag is illegal cause I have been pulled over atleast 10+ times with it. If you think it isn't in the right place then you tell me where to put it

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...eshow/back.jpg

Old 04-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say because you have the bolt holding on to your plate going through it, that would give then an excuse to pull you over.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

In Florida these cops will set up radar units in speed zones that are abnormally low and wait.
That's called a "speed trap", and yes, we have those here too. It's simple logic "NO SPEEDING = NO TICKET". If you were caught in a speed trap, you have only yourself to blame. If the posted limit is 50, and you go 55-60......you're speeding, regardless of what you feel the speed limit should be.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 AM

I previously forgot to mention an experience I had with the local police. It happens quite a bit too from what I hear. Usually, about two or threecruiserswill pull up on a group of bikes. The bikes are all parked at a local hang out like the park or a gas station or fast food joint or whatever. Anyway, they pull upall heated up with the lights ondemanding everyone stop doing what they are doing an to get in line for picture time! Picture time involves getting your picture taken with yourjacket/helmet, bike, and plate...The reason they do this is because of "an on going investigation". They are trying to makea photo profile ofthe majority of riders so they can bustpeople fromrunning/eluding the police. I dont really know where Im goin with this I just thought I would share it with you to see if you guys have had similar experiences or what you all thought about it.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: motoxxx43

I previously forgot to mention an experience I had with the local police. It happens quite a bit too from what I hear. Usually, about two or three cruisers will pull up on a group of bikes. The bikes are all parked at a local hang out like the park or a gas station or fast food joint or whatever. Anyway, they pull up all heated up with the lights on demanding everyone stop doing what they are doing an to get in line for picture time! Picture time involves getting your picture taken with your jacket/helmet, bike, and plate... The reason they do this is because of "an on going investigation". They are trying to make a photo profile of the majority of riders so they can bust people from running/eluding the police. I dont really know where Im goin with this I just thought I would share it with you to see if you guys have had similar experiences or what you all thought about it.
I like taking pictures with my bike.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: motoxxx43

I previously forgot to mention an experience I had with the local police. It happens quite a bit too from what I hear. Usually, about two or threecruiserswill pull up on a group of bikes. The bikes are all parked at a local hang out like the park or a gas station or fast food joint or whatever. Anyway, they pull upall heated up with the lights ondemanding everyone stop doing what they are doing an to get in line for picture time! Picture time involves getting your picture taken with yourjacket/helmet, bike, and plate...The reason they do this is because of "an on going investigation". They are trying to makea photo profile ofthe majority of riders so they can bustpeople fromrunning/eluding the police. I dont really know where Im goin with this I just thought I would share it with you to see if you guys have had similar experiences or what you all thought about it.
If you're seriously concerned about it, call your local prosecutor and ask them under which ordinance this procedure is outlined. Or you could call a local attorney to get the answers.

In any case, I don't see the big deal with it. It's the same as any type of gang task force. The leave the foot work to the uniformed officers. Smile and be the biggest cheeseball in your picture. I'm sure nothing in that ordinance states you need to mean mug the camera. Have fun with it. Hell, ask the officers politely to explain the ordinance.