CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Difference between cbr 600 and cbrr 1000 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/difference-between-cbr-600-cbrr-1000-a-149808/)

adapt63 10-28-2013 09:11 AM

Difference between cbr 600 and cbrr 1000

Ok gone from a gixer to a cbr f4i 2003 600. cbr looks nice (loving the grab bar)....but it does lack a little balls (maybe the fpr is shot). I see the cbrr 1000 (the fireblade) has the same mpg and the insurance would be about £20 more. So it begs the qustion what are the main differences?

I know the 1000 is a lot quicker. what about comfort, road tax etc etc....

I used to ride a cb900f all over the place in the past and loved it so size is not an issue (ask my ex wife...phnar, phnar ). I thnk the weight is about 15kg more??

thoughts?

Cheers

Andy

Conrice 10-28-2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by adapt63 (Post 1256041)

I used to ride a cb900f all over the place in the past and loved it so size is not an issue (ask my ex wife...phnar, phnar ).

Andy

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/gif/mersewoah.gif

Its about the same ergo's as the 600rr, which will be a bit less comfy than your F4i. Lower clip-ons, higher pegs, and a harder seat. I don't have a clue about road taxes in the UK

adapt63 10-28-2013 02:36 PM

Hmm my backs a bit dodgy. Failing that I need to up the power of the cbr. Ive dropped in some irridium plugs, shes a bit smoother, will do an oil change and drop some castrol gtx oil in (semi synthetic) and a k and n air filter in. My cbr is a good looking thing ( see avatar) so loath to get rid but lacks any balls up to 7k rpm. Moneys a bit tight so not looking to spend loads (esp as I might sell it) . What are these powere commander things and how easy are they to fit? Dont really want to mess with electrics as previous 2 bikes ahd electric problems and they were a pain in the ass. ;0

ps also could be fuel reg so will swap that out

Cheers guys

Great forum!

Conrice 10-28-2013 04:57 PM

Check it before you just swap it. What mileage are you getting?

adapt63 10-28-2013 05:02 PM

hmm about 33 mpg? did i see somewhere you pull the lower pipe off and let it run for a bit a and see if it leaks to test it?

thanks in advance

andy

boredandstroked 10-29-2013 10:40 AM

Mid range on the f4i has never been great. Low end and top end work well though. 33mpg is really low unless you live in fast canyons lol.

Conrice 10-29-2013 12:36 PM

Yeah, 33 is pretty low. Mid to high 40's is where you should be compared to most people with stock bikes, stock gearing, etc.

Yeah, you'll see a fairly good sized hose coming off of it, that's your return fuel line. Then you'll see a much smaller hose coming off of it. That's the vacuum line.

Turn the bike on, make sure it primes (and stops before you start it). When the fuel pump stops priming the bike, pull that little vacuum line off of it. If any fuel leaks from that nipple, the FPR is bad. If the pump never really stops priming when you turn the ignition is on, the FPR is bad.

adapt63 11-06-2013 06:02 PM

yeah, cheers guys. jeez I love this forum!

btw I love the look of the new Fireblade......but I sat on one at the weekend and hated the riding positon!! knees far up too high!

bought a k and n air filter for bike will put that in this weekend and we will see what happens. might even drop a smaller sprocket in the front..does that mean i have to remove a link from chain as it has further to travel?

cheers again

Andy

adapt63 11-06-2013 06:06 PM

ps yes i do ride fairly hard, theres a lot of long twistys nr where I am and she does get a bit of hammer ...but hey its a honda, it can take it ;)

RoadiJeff 11-06-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by adapt63 (Post 1257029)
might even drop a smaller sprocket in the front..does that mean i have to remove a link from chain as it has further to travel?

If you just go -1 on the front it won't make enough of a difference to shorten the chain unless it is at the very end of the adjusters already. Plus, you'd have to remove two links if you remove any. If you remove just one link the two ends won't match up. Then the chain will be too short.

On the riding position, the 1000RR is known for it relaxed position, unlike some other liter bikes. I have an 08 and the position isn't bad. It certainly isn't a cruiser riding style but I don't feel like my knees are too high.