Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Did I get a ticket on HOV lane on damn bike? ROFL!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mailed it in and i decided to challenge it because there is just too much false information on the ticket to be considered legal. I will say that the cop did not ticket me for the right vehicle and if you want to go according to the ticket then i was riding a motorcycle which is allowed in an HOV lane. I am pretty sure that the judge will understand.

I told the cop "Can you give me a warning"
Cop "Your getting a citation regardless"

Old 06-09-2011, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
I am sure there are some legal issues that would allow you to fight it, but just pay it and move on. You were in the wrong so deal with it.
I knew I was wrong but I was at risk of being fired from work.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM

its only traffic court, if cop doesn't even show, case dismissed. if he does, never never never mention you were driving a car. don't say car at all. for all anyone knows you were riding a bike. the fact the cop misprinted information is their own error. as far as the expired tags, all you have to say is the cop was fishing for tickets. his own negligence is his own fault, not yours.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:23 PM

Damn some of the responss ITT are laughable, this cracks me up.

A) You have already admitted fault, deal with it.
B) The ticket is no big deal, seriously. Go to court and be honest and no BS, it will carry you MUCH further with the DA/Judge than attempting a BS out like that.
C) Get to court early, visit the DA. Explain your honest answer and you will likely walk out only paying court cost only, which in reality is the bulk of what they care about.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by HK_MP5N
Damn some of the responss ITT are laughable, this cracks me up.

A) You have already admitted fault, deal with it.
B) The ticket is no big deal, seriously. Go to court and be honest and no BS, it will carry you MUCH further with the DA/Judge than attempting a BS out like that.
C) Get to court early, visit the DA. Explain your honest answer and you will likely walk out only paying court cost only, which in reality is the bulk of what they care about.
I agree with you man - I wouldn't take any advice from keyboard attorneys. Let's be honest - the fact that he gave him the wrong registration isn't going to get him OUT of a ticket. Secondly - just because there is a spelling error in a legal document doesn't mean the document is void. You were still driving a car in the HOV lane with one person in it. That is against the law regardless of what the ticket says.

If I was the judge and you walked in trying to put the cop and judge in their place by pointnig out their foul up I would put you in your place by slapping with with an additional charge for providing the wrong registration.

If the cop doesn't show you might get lucky - either way I would hope your time was more important than going down there and trying to stick it to the legal system.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM

I agree with you man - I wouldn't take any advice from keyboard attorneys. Let's be honest - the fact that he gave him the wrong registration isn't going to get him OUT of a ticket. Secondly - just because there is a spelling error in a legal document doesn't mean the document is void. You were still driving a car in the HOV lane with one person in it. That is against the law regardless of what the ticket says.

If I was the judge and you walked in trying to put the cop and judge in their place by pointnig out their foul up I would put you in your place by slapping with with an additional charge for providing the wrong registration.

If the cop doesn't show you might get lucky - either way I would hope your time was more important than going down there and trying to stick it to the legal system.
You obviously don't deal much with Legal documents of any form. Spelling, name, item errors change the entire nature of the Legal Document. By its definition it changes the entire document.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
You obviously don't deal much with Legal documents of any form. Spelling, name, item errors change the entire nature of the Legal Document. By its definition it changes the entire document.
Yes - but an inadvertent misspelling, or arguably immaterial ommission will not negate the enforceablility of the contract/document.

A judge could very possibly (and most likely) deem the ticket valid despite the fact that the officer was given incorrect registration information.

For what it's worth - I work in Mergers and Acquisitions for a FTSE 100 company - there are a couple of us that spend our time flying around the country and buying other companies. I think I have seen a few legal documents over the years.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 PM

Ok I see this debate as gone wild.
Everyone is telling me different things. Now what I contested it for not being guilty which according to some, I shouldn't have done. Whats my next step?
Can someone put a poll on this thread so I can see all my options.
Thanks

Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM

SeaFord guy, if I wanted to deal with this by myself then I wouldn't have posted on this forum. So far, I am kinda being convinced that I am going to tell the truth to the judge.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by superlund
SeaFord guy, if I wanted to deal with this by myself then I wouldn't have posted on this forum. So far, I am kinda being convinced that I am going to tell the truth to the judge.
Read my post and follow. If you wish to ask me the reasons and what credentials I have PM me.

Quick Reply: Did I get a ticket on HOV lane on damn bike? ROFL!