Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Did I do the right thing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did I do the right thing?

ORIGINAL: woo545

Wait...did you yell at a different driver? Not the one that cut you off?
LOL... no

Old 04-16-2008, 05:59 PM

Don't see a problem with howyou handled the situation. Its always polite to remind please they can go to jail for killing a motorcycle rider by not paying attention. Fortunately, I've only had 2 close calls with vehicles being stupid and can only relate a little about the feelings.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Retired Moderator

You were fine, IMO. Some dudes talk about punching off mirrors or dropping ball bearings and other crap (paint ballsare the best idea I have heard), but I think that stuff is overboard. I am a better driver since I have been riding motorcycles, but I will TOTALLY f_ck up in traffic from time to time, and I have no excuse other than I wasn't paying attention. It is another storywhen someone had potentially ruined your life because they had to talk to their husband about when Timmy needs to get picked up from soccer, or Fatty McButter pants had to eat another month off of his life while driving home, or...need I go on?We all know the scenarios. Sometimes I can tell when a person was going to turn left infront of me, or pull out and realized I was there at the last minute, and I wave at those folks as possitive reinforcement. I hope it makes them think that a nice person on a sportbike sent some love, and they will look out for others next time. Fat chance, but a man can dream.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:39 PM

good to know my actions are not "uncommon"

well.. i got smart burned the gp race on dvd so i dont have to watch it on my computer. time to watch and relax

peace..

Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I would say you showed a reasonable amount of restraint and handled the situation just fine as for the original maneuvering. Were you unable to attain a clear escape route. Prior to having to maneuver with the truck, and I'm not second-guessing you. just trying to understand the amount of traffic. That was involved and how many lanes were available. Even if I could manage to avoid being parallel to his door. I promise you there would have been a big U-turn and if there is a just God anywhere. There will be a red light within 5 miles that I can catch him at to clear the air

Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 AM

I think you went pretty light on the guy, I though I was going to read in there that youbroke off a mirror or something. Hopefully you speaking out will make the guy think twice about eating on the go so carelesslly.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:33 AM

i got pushed off the highway twice in the same day leaving the same city... i believe in equality, so i deliver my rants (raised arms, yelling, spitting on their car, excessive braking when i get in front of them, finger, more yelling) across the board for offenders. Zac, when its your skin or their paint, **** em, they deserve what they get.