Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Deserve More

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008 | 01:40 AM
|
Default RE: Deserve More

Yeah, that's the problem (career) I have no clue. I failed my first year of college because I was so directionless (and procrastinating)
The best thing I can come up with is "I want my band to get big" cuz I have a lot of LIKES but music is really my only LOVE and being in a band is the only way i really see a music career being enjoyable (Im a people person)

Old 09-13-2008 | 02:33 AM
|

I'm 19
My thing is, I need a backup job if the band doesnt work out, but I dont know what track to hop onto for college, because im not sure it'll make me happy, even for a backup, and i cant work somewhere where i go there simply to make money but im miserable at it. I'm a firm believer in living life to the fullest and not regretting how I spent it.

Old 09-13-2008 | 04:09 AM

thats the real problem with fast food. Anyone could do it. It doesnt matter if you are better or not, as long as the customers are getting their food, the company doesnt care who gives it to them. Thats not to say you don't deserve more, but they are not going to pay more when there is someone else going to do it for less.the bottom line is, no matter what our job is, no matter how much we know and do for a company, in the end, we are all expendable as there is always someone around the corner willing to take your job for less.

I would look for another job. Your obvioulsy not happy there and it will only cause stress.

I look at it a little different than cbr classic does. I would do the opposite and concentrate on college right now. You will make a lot friends along the way and you can still be a young adult. 2-3 years down the road, get a decent paying job. which depending on what it is should be around 50 grand a year, and then go after your music career. You'll still be young, have money to do the things you want to do. Keep on playing in your band. try to get gigs here and there, but don't make music your priority right now, plan on it being your next priority.

the main thing you need to do ( if you havent done so already) in your first year or two is get all of your core classes out of the way.. Math, english.. biology if medical..ect. Any degree you are going to go for will require you to have these core classes. Once you have those out of the way. Attend a career fare or two. talk to some class mates and see what they are going for and why. You might be suprised that might find someting that interested you. talk to your college counsler and tell they your interest. All of your interest, not just your passions. Anything in the medical field is going to net you a decent job in the future. I would suggest MRI tech... good money and a good clean job and most states paying around25-30 an hour... You are at that age that the next few years are really going to determine the rest of your life...(no pressure ) Thats not to say you couldnt go back and change careers down the road, but its not easy.

Old 09-13-2008 | 04:23 AM

I love chik fil a

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Adionik

I love chik fil a
Yummy stuff

Old 09-13-2008 | 07:16 AM

look around, at 19 I was making $12.50 working ina warehouse...

Old 09-13-2008 | 07:39 AM

If you're already being paid less than someone else who has less experience than you.....and after you presented your case to the owner for a raise, he cut your hours......... well.......I can tell you from experience, he wants you to quit. I would bet that your perception of your work ethic and his differ greatly. If I were you, I would find another job fast before your boss puts you in the un-employment line. On applications for a new job, put (please dont contact current employer for fear of hours cut) that way he cant give you a bad review.... no review is better than a bad one.
Not trying to knock you or anything, I've just been around long enough to see stuff like this happen countless times!

I wish you luck

Old 09-13-2008 | 08:17 AM

Find another job bro....and use this as incentive to do well in school and get a real career going. What do you LIKE/WANT to do? Find anentry leveljob in that field....eventually the money and promotionswill follow.

Old 09-13-2008 | 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

look around, at 19 I was making $12.50 working ina warehouse...
I was fixing F-14 Tomcats on carriers and sailing the world. There are always options.

Quick Reply: Deserve More