Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Decided To Rock Out Some GSXR Mirrors On My 929

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decided To Rock Out Some GSXR Mirrors On My 929

Some people may not like them but i do lol...

pretty happy with how they came out too... now just gotta get em wired up

Old 11-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like them, I was thinking of doing that over the winter.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:53 PM

They look awful low to be funtional man. How do they work? Can you grab some measurements off of that pipe for me?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:21 PM

You're missing a windscreen........I hope screen less is not the look your going for.
On the other hand I like the low look to the mirrors. Not trying to be a dick but shouldnt this topic be in the 929 or sights n sounds section?
Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
They look awful low to be funtional man. How do they work? Can you grab some measurements off of that pipe for me?
I have pig spotter 2's and they are somewhat functioning. The mirrors are adjustable on those gixxer mirrors......a little tinkering and he should be fine.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
I like them, I was thinking of doing that over the winter.
yea thanks man i love em... once i get my intake covers back on i may lower my bars a bit because the mirrors are so low profile my hands get awefully close to the mirrors... either do that or ill just buy some mirror risers and thatll fix the problem

They look awful low to be functional man. How do they work? Can you grab some measurements off of that pipe for me?
and actually man the gsxr mirrors are fully adjustable like the mirror itself can rotate in any direction, i sat on it and set it all up and i have perfect visibility...

the ones i got i made sure were high quality they were from hk but they have a very nice gloss finish and have fully aluminum shafts so i shouldnt have any vibration problems...

Old 11-14-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
You're missing a windscreen........I hope screen less is not the look your going for.
lol yea man i pulled off the zero gravity black chrome windscreen that was on it.. tryin to sell it so i can get a dark smoke double bubble lol... riding season is over for me so sittin without the screen isnt hurtin me or it any

I have pig spotter 2's and they are somewhat functioning. The mirrors are adjustable on those gixxer mirrors......a little tinkering and he should be fine.
yup i had no issues after the mirrors were adjusted

as for posting in the 929 section... yea ill probably copy it there...

just figured it more likely to get looks here wanted to hear everyones opinions

Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Careful with copyin it to multiple places Z. They kinda frown on that. Thats pretty sweet if they work man. Mine had been dropped on both sides and the PO took the screws out and ran them in from the backside like set screws because they broke off at the bottom of the stem. I took them off, grinded some flats and drilled a hole for the screw and put them back on right. They're about an inch and a half shorter but they look pretty good. They're about worthless for function though. The best I can get is a picture of my chest and arm. They're not too bad if I lift my arm and look through my armpit though :P

Old 11-14-2010, 05:39 PM

Careful with copyin it to multiple places Z. They kinda frown on that.
lol the 929 sec. is so dead idk if they will even notice

Thats pretty sweet if they work man. Mine had been dropped on both sides and the PO took the screws out and ran them in from the backside like set screws because they broke off at the bottom of the stem. I took them off, grinded some flats and drilled a hole for the screw and put them back on right. They're about an inch and a half shorter but they look pretty good. They're about worthless for function though. The best I can get is a picture of my chest and arm. They're not too bad if I lift my arm and look through my armpit though :P
lol haha wow thats quite a story, but hey whatever works

Old 11-14-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
lol yea man i pulled off the zero gravity black chrome windscreen that was on it.. tryin to sell it so i can get a dark smoke double bubble lol... riding season is over for me so sittin without the screen isnt hurtin me or it any

yup i had no issues after the mirrors were adjusted

as for posting in the 929 section... yea ill probably copy it there...

just figured it more likely to get looks here wanted to hear everyones opinions

Oh i can agree with you on that. The 954/929 section is dead. I think myself and Conrice are somewhat keeping the 954 section alive. You might be frowned on but hey you cant please everybody. With the windscreen I got mine for like 35 off ebay.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:49 PM

Oh i can agree with you on that. The 954/929 section is dead. I think myself and Conrice are somewhat keeping the 954 section alive. You might be frowned on but hey you cant please everybody. With the windscreen I got mine for like 35 off ebay.
thats my plans who needs a 85 dollar name brand windscreen anyway

Quick Reply: Decided To Rock Out Some GSXR Mirrors On My 929