Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dealers WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealers WTF?

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

here is a 954 for sale on the forum..

if you need someone to go check it out let me know..

https://cbrforum.com/m_493735/mpage_.../tm.htm#495916
Yeah I was looking at that one. Very nice bike, but from NY to Seattle would be difficult especially without being able to see it in person. Not that I wouldnt trust your judgement OKIE.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Seperate but semi-related note: When you buy a brand new Ducati you are assigned a mechanic and he is the only person to ever touch the inside of your bike. Nice huh? Could you imagine if Honda did that?!?!
Huh? I was a mechanic at a Ducati dealership, and that wasn't the case... But the customer could request that a certain mechanic work on his bike alone, for any bike.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned

Really?

I know the guy, he's not a BS'er. He probably paid for it. Was the sickest bike I ever up close and never got a pic of it. Centrifugal clutch, carbon fiber everything, levers, rearsets, everything you could add for performance/style.

/threadjack

to make this on topic - have you decided on another bike yet? $6500 cash is serious buying power in the private market. I've been eyeballin' the ZX-10's recently...

Old 02-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

to make this on topic - have you decided on another bike yet? $6500 cash is serious buying power in the private market. I've been eyeballin' the ZX-10's recently...
I thought so too, but not really getting to far in my area.

zx10's are nice.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

why is the dealer an a$$hole because he wont come down on the price? the $6,799 they were asking is probably not including tax which in my state would be another $350 bucks. so you asked them do drop there price $650 bucks, (+/- 10%) and they said no and you pissed at them? you can be pissed that you didnt get the bike you wanted, but its not their requirement to come down on there price just because someone tells them to. we are heading into spring and someone will happily walk in and buy that for the asking price and they know it. plus crash is right, dealership prefer someone to finance there, because they get a small cut of the financing.
They're crazy because someone may or may not buy it in the next week, or the next 3 months. Inventory sitting there isn't making them any money where that cash would be.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 PM

yea i wouldnt buy used bikes from a dealer... a dealer here (who is known for high prices anyway) was asking $4999 for an 01 F4i (silver.red) 22,000 miles, that badly needed new tires, had no mirrors (it had little chrome plates that blocked it off) and wasnt really in prestine condition.

and yea i had to look for a few weeks to find mine.
i dont know how you feel, but personally i wouldnt pay for a bike through ebay.
i did FIND mine on ebay but i emailed him, asked him if he would be willing to end the auction early, got his number talked to him, negotiated a price, and bla bla bla, then went and got the bike in person but ebay is a good source of bikes to consider. also craigslist like they said.

i spent about 3 weeks checking all teh CL's in my area, and ebay (within 500 mi.) about 20 times a day, lol. but just keep your eyes open and dont get impatient, good luck.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:06 PM

Yeah, dealer is last choice for my purchases unless they're new.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. forget that place, the dealership around here is like that

Old 02-28-2008, 10:16 PM

Bum deal! I thought they would have taken that in a sec.Anything else cought your eye?

Old 02-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Bum deal! I thought they would have taken that in a sec.Anything else cought your eye?
Yeah there is a couple. I have been trying to contact the guy that had the 04' that you pm'd me, but he doesnt seem to return phone calls.
I might be taking a train down to Oregon this sunday to look at one. Who knows, maybe its a sign when you are having a difficult time finding something. I think I have my mind set to much on a 1k, I might go look closer at a couple 600's.

Quick Reply: Dealers WTF?