Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

Who's watching it? What'r you doing for the fight?

This is pretty much the biggest fight of the last 10 years, and it just so happens it's my 2 favortie fighters of my lifetime squaring off. I have waited for this fight for over 3 years, and it's going tohappen Sat. night.

I usually get all thePPV fights and have people over my house. I don't have a big screen, but I make good food. This time though, i'm goin to a guys house I dont even know(friend of a friend) and I have no idea his commitment to the sport. Nothing I hate more than watching boxing with a "casual" fan!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Default RE: De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

Gonna be a close one. Don't know if De Le Hoya still has it, this may be a Mayweathewr fight....

Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM

Well, having watched the interviews I've learned that DeLa Hoya has wisened up alot, he watches what he says and seems to have plenty up his sleeve. Now Mayweather...well, he has his chest out too far and is probably "bitting more than he can chew" with all that smack talk but we will most definitely find out on Sat!!! Since I am joining as a "prospect"[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] to the Ruff Ryders (Houston Chapter),we are all metting up at my buddies house to watch it on the big screen and chow down and going for a ride afterwards. It should be fun.
I am expecting Oscar D. to bust out with some power punches and also lay back with his relaxed speed to wear out Mayweather into a defeat.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mayweather is going to DESTROY de la hoya

Old 05-03-2007, 10:08 PM

PRETTY BOY!!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Retired Moderator

Going to my friend's house to watch it. They always have a slam dunk party (Superbowl, UFC, Etc). I would like to see De La Hoya win because I've liked him since the olympics...plus he is a good mariachi singer . So Kon, you posted the question and didn't give us your prediction. Wasss up?

Old 05-04-2007, 02:02 AM

What happened to boxing?! In the 80's and 90's it was awesome, now it's practically nonexistent. Seems like the NHL is headed in the same direction.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:40 AM

OHHHHHHHHH ummmmm OHHHHHHHH I hate hate hate hate...did I say hate......De La Hoya. OOOOO do I hate him.One day hes LA's golden boy, next hes Mexicos pride, guy can't figure out whos paying him more. I watched in Horor when he robbed Felix Sturm of a win. After Sturm used him for a training bag for 12 rounds. But, hey, guess De La Hoya had to win so he could go on for a big payday with B-Hopp right? Which of course, he folded like a bitch. I liked the days of Roberto Duran and Julio Ceasar Chavez, what were those guys fight counts....like 90-100 or so, dudes fought, glory or none, and didn't jazz it up or talk allot of ****. I hated "Macho" camacho, and cheered when Chavez beat him sensless, and am glad that Prince Naseem Hamed got tuned up and is no longer around, my wife even hates him and shes English! The only trash talker I ever likes was Roy Jones Jr. But "Golden Boy" can take a ****, can't stand the dude, all hype and a paycheck, whoever hes fighting, I hope they put him in a home.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

OHHHHHHHHH ummmmm OHHHHHHHH I hate hate hate hate...did I say hate......De La Hoya. OOOOO do I hate him.One day hes LA's golden boy, next hes Mexicos pride, guy can't figure out whos paying him more. I watched in Horor when he robbed Felix Sturm of a win. After Sturm used him for a training bag for 12 rounds. But, hey, guess De La Hoya had to win so he could go on for a big payday with B-Hopp right? Which of course, he folded like a bitch. I liked the days of Roberto Duran and Julio Ceasar Chavez, what were those guys fight counts....like 90-100 or so, dudes fought, glory or none, and didn't jazz it up or talk allot of ****. I hated "Macho" camacho, and cheered when Chavez beat him sensless, and am glad that Prince Naseem Hamed got tuned up and is no longer around, my wife even hates him and shes English! The only trash talker I ever likes was Roy Jones Jr. But "Golden Boy" can take a ****, can't stand the dude, all hype and a paycheck, whoever hes fighting, I hope they put him in a home.
a little bitter are we?

Old 05-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Naaa, just dislike the cat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: De La Hoya vs. Mayweather