Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Damn idiot tried killing me tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn idiot tried killing me tonight

I was riding my bike home from work and I was coming up to a intersection. There were 3 cars in the left hand turn lane, enough that the last car had some of his car on in the straight through lane, so I slowed down to around 40-45mph cause I was getting a bad feeling(I was cruising at around 50-55mph before that) and just as I was coming up, the last car in the left had turn lane decides he wants to go straight and pulls into my lane, no blinker, no brake lights, just turn right in my lane. He cut me off and I almost slammed right into the back end of him. I locked up my rear and had my front brakes on so hard that it was locking up, hopping around, and tank slapping. The idiot then hit his brakes and I managed to pull to the right up him in the interestion, I was running out of room quick as I was about to offroad finally the ******* hit the gas peddle, I still hit the grass on the side of the road but I was able to get back on the road and right behind him.

He was moving slow now and I was PISSED, he started to accerate I was mad and he tried pulling into the first development but missed the turn, at this point I lost it, and I got on top of him, flipped on my highbeams, honked my horn, he pulled off on the side of road and told him to watch what the f#ck he was doing and hes not the only damn person on the f#cking road and that I'm not in a car, he could have freaking killed me (thats the short and clean version btw) and took off.

I honestly don't know why I didn't crash this time, I mean I locked up the rear, my front was bouncing, locking up, and tank slapping, I managed to get around him and ride across the grass and still pull back into the road, I guess all those years of riding/racing dirtbikes paid off and I just got flat out lucky again. God I wanted to drag that guy out of his car and beat him senseless though

Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Default RE: Damn idiot tried killing me tonight

Glad to hear that you didn't hit him. The situation could of turned out a lot worse. Thats one thing about bikes.. 65%+ wrecks are caused by another driver/cager. I think almost all of us have had our fair share of close calls. I had the same thing happen to me about 2months ago with a big constuction guy. and he was pissed at me! Like I did something... some people just have no sense.. take it as a life lesson and move on.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

welcome to riding lol

Old 11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy to hear you're alright, Psyco. I actually had some guy run in to my rear driver's side tire at work today. He was looking to his right while turning to the left, ffs. Luckily I was in my work vehicle (suburban) and not on my bike.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:39 AM

good thing your gut started shooting off warnings signs huh? maybe the lesson is that the next time your spider senses tingle like that you should slow down even more cause it looks like your instinct is right on the money.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Saturday night; the guy was probably loaded (drugs/alcohol). Sounds to me like you handled your self very well - not crashing and maintaining control. I'm brand new to riding and have yet have that happen, but I'm sure it will eventually. Glad you're OK. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-09-2008, 08:52 AM

It happens to the best of us. Welcome to the world of street riding.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

welcome to riding lol
+1

Old 11-09-2008, 10:14 AM

Yell at him...thats it? Next time kick off their side view mirror.

Quick Reply: Damn idiot tried killing me tonight