Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Damn good weekend and one good cop

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn good weekend and one good cop

That's right. For once I had a kick *** weekend. Friday night I went out with some friends and had a good time(drank to much) but it was still good. Saturday morning I scored a good deal on some bike parts. Saturday afternoon I got to clean my car and then me and a few buddies took the bikes out and had a great time. Sunday I rode my bike all day and went to the dealership that I always deal with and that I bought the bike form just to BS with the workers and check on a jet kit. As I pull up there this dude is eyeballing me like crazy so I'm thinking WTF is this dudes deal? I take the lid off and he's like "That's my old bike" I was like sweet! He told me everythingI every wanted to know about the bike and I come to find out is has a Full Two Bro's exhaust-not just a slip on and that the carbs still have the stock jets and other usefull info. He is a very nice guy and made me feel better about my bike. He told me that he has the matching yellow Honda jacket still and will sell it to me. Turns out he lives about 10 miles or less away from me and wants to ride with me. Hetraded on my bike infor a 954.

So on to the one good Cop thing. On Saturday evening twords the end of the ride we were going threw the center of out town just taking it slow and Will the newest rider of the three was in front. I see this Dodge Dakota with his left signal on and I was thinking he's going to ture infront of us-then I was like no he's not going to, but he did. Will had to get on the brakes hard, Russ was farther back so he did not have to get on them as hard and I was in the rear so I was fine. Mean while there was a Cop sitting right there and seen the whole thing-even Will flick the dude off and Russ and I throw up our arms. The cop turned his light on and took off into the parking lot after the guy. It was so awesome! I wanted to go back and thank him, but I did not want to bother him during a trafic stop and Will did not have his up to date tags on.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had to share my joy.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Default RE: Damn good weekend and one good cop

I'm glad you had a good weekend! I met some nice cops... twice, in 12 hours. Each time they pulled me over though. (Illegal U-Turn that I didn't see, then sped up to get ahead of someone coming down an on-ramp... right infront of a cop. Said he paced me at 10 over and let me go with a warning.)

Sounds like you had a kickin' weekend, and it was really sweet to get the back history on the bike!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Banned

It seems if you could separate the 'traffic' functions from the 'crime fighting' functions, most people would respect and like Police officers. Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen, but every once in a while you see a cop actually go after a dangerous (or just plain lousy) driver.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:30 AM

good **** man.. cant wait to meet some people up here to ride with.. im losing my mind..