CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Curious if anyone.. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/curious-if-anyone-79661/)

NY Erion929 10-03-2008 08:30 PM

Curious if anyone..

Curious to know if anyone is still in, or has been in contact with BlindinOrange? Wondering how everything worked out.

dwschultzy 10-03-2008 08:32 PM

RE: Curious if anyone..

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...................

are the pm's not working anymore?

jaynd 10-03-2008 08:32 PM

lol, you just popped open a can of nasty worms w/ this one!

but, i dont think anyone on here is in contact w/ him. ever since the forum had its mid summer problems, ALOT of people have dropped off.

TheX 10-03-2008 08:33 PM

*no comment*

NY Erion929 10-03-2008 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

lol, you just popped open a can of nasty worms w/ this one!

but, i dont think anyone on here is in contact w/ him. ever since the forum had its mid summer problems, ALOT of people have dropped off.
UH OH... Should i change the the subject quick???

Lookout behind you!!!! ((changes subject))

PlayfulGod 10-03-2008 08:35 PM

in all honesty, I havent seen em since we (and other sites) all pitched in to save his bike.

jaynd 10-03-2008 08:35 PM

^ it was a joke, bud. i could care less how often this is brought up. some people ARE very curious of how he's making out. while others laugh and say "told ya so".

Dr.Fingers 10-03-2008 08:40 PM

whats the deal with this guy??? I guess i havent been around long enough to know the story. Fill us in .....

jaynd 10-03-2008 08:42 PM

his bike was gonna get repo'd. he didnt have the dough to keep the bike. many members of this forum (and from other forums who caught wind of what we were doing here) pitched in and paypal'd him money. no set amount, people sent what they could. he ended up getting MORE than what was needed. hasnt been heard from since.

theres the story for ya, in a nutshell.

dwschultzy 10-03-2008 08:46 PM

I honestly think the more and more we bring it up......the harder and harder it will be for him to come back and be a regular....who know's maybe he is working so much that he does not have the time....or maybe things got worse and he no longer has access to the interweb for now....

meh...I am not really concerned either way.....He was obviously in a bad position at the time....never asked for a single hand out.....anda lot of people went out of their way to give him a hand.....would i do it again? sure, why not?...........

ooooooooooorrrr...maybe it was a big scam all the way? I personaly do not think so, but that could be due to the fact thatI was one of the people who helped out and would not like to think thatmyself and so many otherswould fall into such a thing.........

dwschultzy 10-03-2008 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: codie_w

whats the deal with this guy??? I guess i havent been around long enough to know the story. Fill us in .....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is the reason why i dont think this topic should be brought up over and over and over again........

I am sure if you go to his profile, you should be able to tell what is last activities and how many times in the recent months he has been on.....That should be an indicator on what has transpired with the guy.

Dr.Fingers 10-03-2008 08:48 PM

how do you know he got more money then he needed??

dwschultzy 10-03-2008 08:52 PM

https://cbrforum.com/m_495884/tm.htm

^^^^read this....it should help clarify a couple things^^^^

PlayfulGod 10-03-2008 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

I honestly think the more and more we bring it up......the harder and harder it will be for him to come back and be a regular....who know's maybe he is working so much that he does not have the time....or maybe things got worse and he no longer has access to the interweb for now....

meh...I am not really concerned either way.....He was obviously in a bad position at the time....never asked for a single hand out.....anda lot of people went out of their way to give him a hand.....would i do it again? sure, why not?...........

ooooooooooorrrr...maybe it was a big scam all the way? I personaly do not think so, but that could be due to the fact thatI was one of the people who helped out and would not like to think thatmyself and so many otherswould fall into such a thing.........

true, I was glad to help n post it up on my forum. It showed how well a dysfunctional bunch (and others) such as ourselves could pull together and help the guy as much as we did. I would hope then same could n would be done for any of us if the need arises. This act of kindness is well known about on other sites n held in high regard too boot.

be nice to hear how hes doing tho lol.

PlayfulGod 10-03-2008 08:53 PM

he stayed in touch as it happened n shortly after. He was close to some key ppl on here from what I remember.

Dr.Fingers 10-03-2008 10:06 PM

oh wow, i just read that link.. Single tear... the people in this forum are incredible.!!!!im sorry i missed out on that... but ya, i'd be curious as to how it turned out as well

voodoochyl 10-03-2008 10:10 PM

Whatever money I sent...I have not missed it. I see it this way, if I could spend whatever I did to feel the way I did helping out another motorcycle enthusiast, that is money well spent. I would do it again in a minute. For those who helped andare concerned...think of the random money you spend on coffee, bottled water,lunch, smokes, videos, PPV fights, chewing gum, video games, etc.

P.S. For those who helped, and would love an update...I feel ya!

SpiritRR 10-03-2008 11:46 PM

Honestly, I would rather know what happened to MotoGPFan26...an ER doctor named Chris, if I remember. God he was fantastic with a keyboard. He had a blue F4i that was rearended in November (holy ****...almost a year!). I guess an online forum isn't as important as having a kid...sheesh, how lame is that. lol:eek:

jaynd 10-04-2008 12:00 AM

there are alot of people who have fallen off here who i'd like to know how they're doing.......some stopped posting after accidents like motogpfan.

Blue Fox 10-04-2008 01:48 AM

^^ Makes you wonder what happened to a lot of the members on here. I know that if something happened to me, you guys probably would never know about it, being that no one else I know uses this site.........it's a dark thought, but s**t like that does happen on forums all the time.

But yeah, I've been wondering about BlindinOrange too. I'm not missing the money either, and it wasn't even his idea........another member (D2Dgraphix) actually suggested it, then it was supported by a lot of other members and went from there. Blindin didn't even ask for a handout, so it was given to him as a gift from the members on the forum. He was an active member before and probably hit tough times himself and has other priorities than to hang around on a forum (especially when it broke months ago.........we lost a lot of members during that time)

But either way, it was a good thing to do.

Hayden06F4i 10-04-2008 10:04 AM

i didn't donate any money at the time, but was amazed at the acts of kindness toward blindin.....i would still love to hear how he's doing though...having a family and losing your job for awhile would really make for hard times....i hope he is getting by ok...

shoortbuss 10-04-2008 10:41 AM

Don't be silly Blue, I think we would notice a lack of posts from such a post-whore as yourself ;)But that's the whole idea behind the CBRForum buddy thread Blue...at least one person who has your phone number or other reliable contact information in case somebody drops off here for awhile without an explanation...We haven't had to utilize it yet, but let's face it, bikes are dangerous toys and the possibility of being here one day and gone the next is all to realistic. (On this subject, where the hell is DonCollins?)

As far as these theories about it being a hoax go, I don't believe that for one second. It was a goodbye thread and he never asked for anything, we took it upon ourselves and rallied behind the cause. I will agree with the previous 2 who said they won't miss the money...I had it at the time and it didn't make a dent, and I truly hoped it helped him out.

jaynd 10-04-2008 11:51 AM

speaking of disappearing members......i DID notice at the top of the offtopic threads the other day, that Kidcrenshaw was online. i havent seen a post from him since........well, you know. two specific threads.

voodoochyl 10-04-2008 11:54 AM

speaking of disappearing members......i DID notice at the top of the offtopic threads the other day, that Kidcrenshaw was online. i havent seen a post from him since........well, you know. two specific threads.
sKwID Cr3nshaw just poked his head in to throw monkey poo at Shirt, and call him a ****bag, or something. Pretty useful stuff...

Hayden06F4i 10-04-2008 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

sKwID Cr3nshaw just poked his head in to throw monkey poo at Shirt, and call him a ****bag, or something. Pretty useful stuff...
really? when/where? fill me in....muahhahahhahaah

Rod38um 10-04-2008 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

(On this subject, where the hell is DonCollins?)

I havn't seen him on here for a while but he still throws the occasional post on a local (A-town) board.......

Shadow 10-04-2008 01:45 PM

Blindin' contacted me right after the event, and said he'd found over $1800 in his Paypal a/c.
He'd had an accident and lost his job 4 months before, and was close to, I think, Hardcorp.
I often wonder what happened to him - and yes, Voodoo, the 'feelgood factor' was very high after the event, and I'd do it again for a worthy cause, in a heartbeat. He's a good guy, and there but for the grace of God, go the rest of us.

As for Cr3nshaw, he dropped a post in the F3 section the other day. I for one hope he doesn't find his way back to the rest of the board - he tried to cause some people here a world of hurt- you know the score, Voodoo....

Dluv35 10-04-2008 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

But that's the whole idea behind the CBRForum buddy thread Blue...at least one person who has your phone number or other reliable contact information in case somebody drops off here for awhile without an explanation...
In that case, no one will ever know where I go.....

soccer13pro2007 10-04-2008 02:52 PM

Yeah, I never knew the cr3nshaw story, just joined 2 months ago so i missed both of these stories (but read the blindin one all the way) seems like one that would be too much to fill someone in on though

shoortbuss 10-04-2008 03:34 PM

He was checkin in to see if he got a rise out of me in the "Best/Worst Screen Names" thread...

doogstar 10-04-2008 04:17 PM

I heard from Blindin. He movedto Alaska with the money we donated. He was the one that got Sarah Palins daughter pregnant, then disappeared. Last I heard, he was a dog keeper for the Vick family, then got a job sewing tags on mattresses.

Kikepiz 10-04-2008 05:41 PM

I think that Blindingorange is a good man, but he has some money problems, and if he used that money to get out of ajam other than saving he's bike i don't mind one bit...

Is a forum member and needed the help...

doogstar 10-04-2008 05:55 PM

I dont care either. As long as we were able to help out.

soccer13pro2007 10-04-2008 06:14 PM

Shoort beat me to it, but I dont think it could have in any way been a scam or ploy or whatever, he never asked for it, yall gave out of your hearts
the only thing that could have happened with that money other than using it for the bike would be like Kikez said, to use it to get out of some other jam, which is still not a bad intention (being that it was donated without request)