Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Credit Score of 728 and approved for a retarded rate

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008 | 11:46 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Credit Score of 728 and approved for a retarded rate

Yea RCR is dead on. When rebuilding my credit i had to buy a few things at some horrid rates and not pay them early. I had a few credit cards with 24% rate, paid almost 3k for 1k couch, but these places will give you credit, and report monthly like you need them too. Once you get better you can dump em and start taking better offers. Your most likely gonna have to pay a price sometime, and if you do bad things to that magic number your really gonna have to pay to fix it, trust me

Old 10-22-2009 | 05:45 AM

Hi all
Could anyone here please suggest me some website which guides me to have a good credit score scale?

Old 10-22-2009 | 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by ffingers
my short personal story...i had a credit rating under 600 due to some missteps when i was younger...22 and below....hell a bank wouldn't even give me a bank account...yeah that bad....i am now 29 out of school, married and am working on buying my third house....i mention this just to show the power of time...i cleaned up my act and my score is like 690-705....but i have been spot on for payments and debts over the last 8 years...i get the best rates and approvals for everything....time is the key...and unfortunately...there is NOTHING you can do about it....just sit tight, it will get better....
I was in the same boat 5 years ago. I couldn't get a bank account without my wife being the primary on it. I'm now 30 and financed my 08 CBR1000 3 weeks ago and got .99% for 3 years. I didn't find out what my score was because I didn't want to know. I only have a house payment and an Amex with a very high limit thats paid off. I figure my debt to income was low and thats why I got such a good deal. Now fast forward to my buddy a week ago. Him and his wife go to finance his new CBR and they tell him its better to leave him off cause his credit is bad. They then offer her 7% over 5 years. They do the deal and she asks to see a copy of her credit report. Her lowest score was 740. She's 37 by the way and has had credit for quite a while. The difference between her and me is she has 2 car payments something like 4 credit cards and they just bought living room furniture that their paying on. Her debt to income is alot higher then mine and thats why she didn't get a good rate. I believe the ops problem is his legth of credit history and he probably doesn't make a whole lot of money to off set his current debt. Get rid of those credit cards and that interest rate should come down. Oh and dont waste your money on a 600

Old 10-23-2009 | 10:01 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I dont know but my credit score is worse then that *not much* and i got 4.99 on my 08 1000RR for the lifetime of the loan through Honda.

Old 10-27-2009 | 08:04 AM

Hi everyone.
Could you please tell me that is 720 credit score is good to receive
a loan without any problem?