Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crazy Weather

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crazy Weather

I'm not convinced it's gloal warming either. Some say it's just El Nino.
Whatever it is, I am all for it!
Did not expect to be able to ride thru winter and well into January here in Central Ohio.
Shout out to the weather man. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I recycle, and I hate idiots who pollute,but I don't loose sleep over humans destroying the Earth because we invented plastic. Plastic is good stuff.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the same page as you guys. There's a volcano in Africa that spews toxic gases into the atmosphere non-stop. Just one days worth of gases is a hell of a lot more than man has dumped since the industrial age. We can't "hurt" the planet if we tried.
Considering the sun and moon affect and control our weather patterns, think about the fact that the moon moves approx. 1.5 inches away from the Earth everyt year and we continue to get closer and closer to the sun every year, not to mention it's getting larger as well. Those things alone do more to affect weather then ANYTHING we could do on Earth.
Now, say you live in a valley, such as Salt Lake City or LA. Well there you have conditions that effect the air quality during specific times of the year. There is no "vent" for gases and such. Those conditions warrant doing things to "protect the environment" because, hell, you have to breath that ****.
Water sheds would be included in this too. You have to protect your water supply.
BUT, what the hell has any of that to do with global warming? NOTHING.

Hell, I remember when the big scare was "the new ice age", now it's "global warming". Heck, I remember the big "acid rain" scare too.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:58 PM

i believe the planet is warming and that we do effect it a little like maybe 5% but most of it is the earth and we know so little about it, that it is to hard to really judge what is going on.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Retired Moderator

...getting back to the topic at hand, I am glad I decided to ride through the winter instead of winterize the bikes. I have been able to go out four times in the last few weeks. I've frozen mi guriamies off, but it has been worth it. Today and yesterday it snowed here, so no riding the last couple days, but it is supposed to be nice for the next week. I love riding when I am not supposed to be able to. I feel like I am cheating mother nature .

Old 01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
I feel like I am cheating mother nature .
+1

Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

Pretty much the average here has been about 40 degrees during the day. That means I, on an average day, wear thermal bottoms, 2 pairs of thick cotton pajama pants and a pair of jeans - under armor up top with 2 long sleeve shirts, followed by a thick fleece and my riding jacket - then my balaclava and helmet...

and gloves and boots. Haha, my girlfriend can't understand how I can even move. Strangely enough, it's easy to get used to. I've always liked working outside when it's cool weather with some layers on... I love riding in the chilly weather - the bike runs AWESOME.

So what are you guys wearing on the cooler days?

Old 01-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator

I'm wearing a pair of "chilis" and jeans with a warm top, then my safety stuff. The problem is, all I have isa thin pair of summer gloves. I am only riding about 30 minutes to an hour because my chin and my hands get too cold. Sometimes I feel like my chin is going to break off in chunks.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:03 AM

I ride all year myself. But the warmer then usual has been nice. I'm thinking about breaking down/repairing and painting plastics during the rainy season.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:34 AM

yeah... its warm enough to be a squid...[&:]

Old 01-13-2007, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I'm wearing a pair of "chilis" and jeans with a warm top, then my safety stuff. The problem is, all I have isa thin pair of summer gloves. I am only riding about 30 minutes to an hour because my chin and my hands get too cold. Sometimes I feel like my chin is going to break off in chunks.
Do you use a balaclava? If not, try it. They are thin but it is amazing how much they help. And +1 on the gloves for me too. I wear long johns, then sweatpants that block the wind under my textile-type riding pants. On top, I wear a long sleeve turtle-neck shirt, a wind-proof shirt, then my leather jacket. So far that's kept me warm on the days I've been out riding. except for my hands.

I have heated gear and I'm seriously considering hooking up the wiring this weekend one the 1K. I don't know why I haven't yet - guess I've just been too lazy. Once I do that, just heated liners under my normal gear plus I have heated socks and gloves. Damn, as I write this I'm sitting here wondering why I haven't done it already! lol

Quick Reply: Crazy Weather