Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crashing SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashing SUCKS!

yeah just want to say glad your still functioning fox, i don't know what i would do without the awesome bike pics you take...haha...

as for your bike, really, considering, not much damage....you should be able to fix it up...won't be very cheap, but really, nothing major which is awesome.....i guess no more jokes about you have your bike airlifted to your "photo shoots"....haha....

post pics if and when you fix her up....

Old 09-21-2007, 09:33 AM

Blue Fox, it's disheartening, isn't it? I'm gald you're all right, the proper gear literally saved your skin.

Those look like the Vortex sliders. I had a set on mine when I lowsided at about half that speed, but my engine cover got a little scraped I guess because the 1k is a little wider. My peg and brake lever got broken off, too, same damage on the tail and I'm lucky my headlight lens didn't get cracked.
My wreck happened with the same conditions, dark, lonely road and had gravel/sand within the lane of the on-ramp I was on and the back end just broke loose under really light throttle. In the second before I got hit the ground after I got thrown off the bike because I caught it for a second, I thought, "WTF?! How is this happening?!" Hooray for leather, my alpinestars TZ-1 took the beating as I landed right on my right shoulder and mashed it up (still a little sore after more than a month), but I had no major abrasions and my jacket is still wear-able.My head hitthe ground the same time as my shoulder, Ihit my helmet right above my left temple really hard and myfriend said I hit the ground so hard I let out an involuntary, really loud grunt and rolled like a rugby ball. I saw the ground going by my face three inches away, lit by his headlights, then the black sky, then the ground again as I heard my bike grinding and the motor stopping, trying to stand up the whole time or at least stop myself before I hit something. I jumped up and started yelling at him if he was alright, he jumped off his bike and started yelling at me if I was alright, then I looked at my bike and it was almost in the oncoming traffic lane. Then someoff-duty state troopers showed up because a bunch of nosy people decided to call the police, they told us 20 cars had responded to the dispatch. When they called in to say we were all right,nobody came and theysaid, "Where iseverybody, there was a car only a mile from herefive minutes ago..." I guess theyall wantedto see some carnage, the sick bastids. Grand total of $38 to get my bike ride-able. The rash gives it character.

BTW, I replaced my Vortex sliders with a set of Freestyle Ingenuity sliders, or asI call them, King Kong sliders.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn bro, glad you will live to ride another day. Just think about it this way, now no one can claim that you trailer your bike to take pics anymore.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

Very glad to hear you are OK, The bike doesn't look all that bad either.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Retired Moderator

sorry to hear about that, that sux bro ... i've only heard negative things about crashing so i decided not to do it. hope you heal up fast.

I know this is not the pic you were going for when you set out .. but this pic is pretty cool imo.

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news Blue. You had one of the cleanest bikes on here....just like mine. Which I dumped BAD on Wednesday. I'm really f-d up though and the bike is smoked. I feel lucky even though I'm in sooo much pain (emotionally too from the bike being gone!), so you better count your blessings knowing that no oncoming traffic stopped you sooner than the slide did. Hopefully the bike will be as good as it was once it's repaired. Check out my thread about my wreck once you get a chance.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I woke up this morning wanting to take my bike down to the shop to get her checked out just to be safe, but I was incredibly sore, so I just stayed in bed. After a couple pain killers, I'm doing great now. The leg almost healed up immediately overnight (that's why it's great to have paramedics living at the house with you.). All I want to do now is work on my bike and get her back up to snuff.

About the frame sliders..............They're Lightning Performance Frame Sliders. They're a light plastic-ish material, which is the reason my bike didn't catch and start flipping or something. Funny thing is, I have a spare one too! The one thing I didn't like about these were the fact that they were made in a way that you drilled a small hole through the fairing to fit them through, then the puck got larger after the fairing. The only problem with that is that you couldn't pull the fairing off without taking off the slider. So oil changes are a b***h with these, but they worked, so I'm keeping them.

I also remember that when my dad knocked over my bike when I first got it with his truck, I had some rash on the tail in the same place (reason I have those black stripes on the tail). I might have to sand it all down and do it again.

I have come to a conclusion that if I was wearing riding pants (even a leather suit), that I would have walked away completely untouched with no soreness. My elbow that I skidded across doesn't hurt, because it was protected with leather and armor. So, when I get my little student loan to help me fix my car, I'm going to pull out a little more and buy myself a suit. And since I really do like Shift gear (because it's proved itself to me now) I'll probably end up going with a shift suit.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for the condolences.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Shift [sm=smiley20.gif] Products IMO

Old 09-21-2007, 04:51 PM

Blue Fox, I know what you mean about having leather for your legs. My bud would have been fine if he'd had leather on his legs. I purchased Icon shin guards immediately after I saw what happened to his legs. I couldn't afford leather, but I'm willing to bet that they'll help at least. I wish I could afford a set to go with my jacket.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Damn Fox, just posted on woodys thread about his accident then I see this [:@]damn you boys are lucky [8D]hope every body heals up quik

Quick Reply: Crashing SUCKS!