Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crashing is avoidable, not inevitable ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Crashing is avoidable, not inevitable ...

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
ORIGINAL: Juliet

click me

Old 09-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jules...i am an elite computer hacker...julbot will die a slow and painful death....fj33r my er33t pow3r

anyway. life is a constant changing variable with other variables in it that are outside of ones control. Jules i'm going to point a gun at your head and pull the trigger...IF the bullet fires(which it may not) you will POSSIBLY but not for CERTAIN die...which means...variables are out of your control. And i wouldn't really point a gun at your head...just had to use an extreme example. If anyone should know anything about quantum mechanics it should be you....Murhpys Law>Everything in this thread that defies it. The fact that riders are crashing daily, is proof that if it can happen it will happen, just because it hasn't happened to Joe Rider doesn't mean it hasn't already happened to another, which essentially...proves murphys law 100% correct, remember a theory is correct until proven otherwise...and there is pretty much no way you can prove murhpys law incorrect.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You know what wolfy ...

Between having a gun pointed at my head and the trigger being pulled where I may or may not die ...

OR

Taking a sport bike out where I may or may not crash and die ...

Um, think I am gonna take the latter option ...my choice was kinda inevitable dont ya think?? ..lol ;-)

As for JulBot ... will I dream??

Jules

Old 09-27-2008, 04:55 PM

Yes, Julbot will dream...commencing termination sequence. lol

I can't wait to get another bike

Old 09-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

screw an edit, another post is up

Thinking that something won't happen is a very perverse way of thinking, in real life, there are factors and variables that you cannot and will not ever control, and to think otherwise is futile. Find someone who has ridden a bike for 50 years and not crashed once...the first time i see them i will dropkick them off the bike...bet they didn't see that coming!!!!!
exactly. alot of people i work w/ who ride harleys ALWAYS give me **** b/c i've gone down 3 times on my "mopeds" . but i ALWAYS fire back at them...."and HOW many miles have you put on your harley......?". they hardly EVER ride. one of them always says he's been riding for 30+ yrs and never had an accident on his "dresser" (who the **** names bikes after peices of furnature....? maybe i'll go pick up a end table tomorrow and see if i like how it handles) but he's only put around 10k miles on it!!!! i do that in a couple ****ing months!!!! so every time they brag about how they have been riding for blaaah blaaah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah years w/o any wrecks, i always tell them that its prob. easy to stay on two if you only rack up around 3k miles a year............vs. my 30k a year!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 05:52 PM

Well I def almost got nailed the other day when someone ran a red light luckily I look both ways before going through an intersection. I barely missed him and at the rate of speed he was going I would have been killed. I think there is a great deal of luck that goes with your skill of driving. You cant trust anyone on the rode and always have to be looking out for the other morons on the road.