Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crap on the road.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crap on the road.

yeah man the city, the parish, and the state all have little safeguards set up to where you wont get **** out of them.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was construction site debris all over the road yesterday down one of the main roads. I called it in to the city and they had it all cleaned up a couple hours later. I'm not sure if you can sue if someone lost something out of their truck/car (because the city isn't directly responsible for it.) But you can sue if a road has a pot hole, washed out area, defects, etc.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 AM

What about this scenario:?

A couple of weeks ago we had some hard rain here in central VA. One of the roads that I ride every day to work has some gravel in the turns from runoff pushing driveway gravel onto the road. I came around a corner the one morning and happened upon it, but didn't hit it. I've been watching for it every morning, since I know it's there and avoid it, but other cyclists may not see it.

So, can a land/homeowner be held liable if his gravel washes out onto the road and it's not cleaned up? Somehow I doubt it, but nobody has done anything to clear it off of the road and it's been almost 2 weeks.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Banned

This is America. Anyone can sue anyone for anything. This country graduates 15 lawyers for each engineer. There are THOUSANDS of lawyers out there willing to take your case. I say sue sue sue sue sue. Then sue some more. While you are at it sue Honda for making a motorcycle that doesn't drive over sand well, and Michelin for making tires that like asphalt better. sue sue sue sue.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why sue? Just call the appropriate city/county/state department and tell them there's sand on the road. You've just had a a reminder to ride within your field of vision. One never knows what is over the next hill, around the next corner. Around here, at least, it's best to assume there will be an animal carcass, mud off a farm truck, gravel, a broken hay bale, farm machinery, etc. the other side of any blind spot. There are places where one can push the envelope, and places where one slows down.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 AM

Well the topic was kinda done. I was just asking incase something happened to me. The crap was on top of an overpass. What if I lost control and went over the side or under someones car.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:27 PM

I have no intention of suing about the gravel on the road on my commute to work. Just wondered who would be held accountable if something ever did happen. I personally think that people are too sue-crazy anymore. I wouldn't do it unless it was blatant and obvious negligence where I personally know that I'm in no way at fault. The gravel on the road near me I didn't hit, but I did hit a patch of gravel on another road that made the rear tire go all squirrely the other day. Definitely increased the pucker-factor, but I just kept going since I kept the shiny side up.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Well the topic was kinda done. I was just asking incase something happened to me. The crap was on top of an overpass. What if I lost control and went over the side or under someones car.

They would mail your ticket to the closes relative..........that was wrong I know.

I try to avoid crap like, well...............crap.

I went over a thick piece of electrical wire on a right turn. Front when jiggled. If I went to the city they would have just laughed. They dont know how it got there and neither do I. Who's to blame. I blame Canada.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

I went over a thick piece of electrical wire on a right turn. Front when jiggled. If I went to the city they would have just laughed. They dont know how it got there and neither do I. Who's to blame. I blame Canada.
[sm=lol.gif]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pp13M7rlih0

Old 09-07-2007, 01:40 AM

that's it I am suing all of you for the bad dreams I am going to have because of this thread...... lol....... yeah I think they would tell you to go pound that sand dude.... can't fight city hall.

Quick Reply: Crap on the road.