Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cops are they squids too?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops are they squids too?

word

Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

The first time I ever rode my first F3, I was wearing sandals (flipflops). It was dead of summer and my buddy just got it. I told him that day I would get that bike from him, lol.
haha, yea the first tiem i rode a crotch rocket (a 96 F3) i was wearing tennis shoes, and bball shorts and no shirt
i was playin basketball and my g/f's sisters boyfriend came by on his bike and said i could ride, so i rode around the block like twice and came back.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:51 PM

I think a Police uniform mesh jacket would be Hella Cool

Old 03-24-2008, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

I would say No. The officers in thepicturesdoing wheelies, I would say they areacting squidish at the moment. I believe if you are going to ride hard, stunt ... then you need to be smart and gear down. I believe that the minumium gear that should be worn is a Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, and Boots. Most Officers I know riding do wear the previous mentioned gear.

I equated the term "squid" or "squidly" with a rider riding in a fashion that will get him or someone else hurt due to their poor judgements that could have beeneasyly prevented.

If you like to ride wheelies.... gear up and do it on an empty street/parking lot. Otherwise, you're getting deemed a squid by me.

If you're dragging knees... gear up anddo it where you can see othersare coming. Otherwise, you're getting deemed a squid by me.

And if I offend someone with this next statement I don't care.

If you don't wear a helmet...even if you're going 40 feet up the road. YOU ARE A SQUID!!
I agree dude.Always wear a helmet. A buddy of mine bout a month back was goin up the road bout a mile or more and ended up in ICU for a week. He wasnt riding out of his limits, or stunting, just didnt know the roads he was riding on, came over the top of a hill that wasnt marked with the "stop sign in a hundred yard" sign topped the hill to a right or left turn only junction and went over the next embankment. He always wore his helmet every time he road before this one time. He knows now thou. Def lesson learned.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:07 PM

this is a good site...
http://www.motorcops.com/gallery_22.asp

Old 03-24-2008, 05:12 PM

so in reading this what im gathering is that you are a squid by what you wear? so if someone is wearing a helmet, jeans, and a t-shirt, (or no helmet if its not required by law and their choice) and riding responsibly obeying all they laws, they are by definition a "squid"? but if someone is fully geared up, helmet, gloves, boots, full leathers, and speeding through traffic, pulling wheelies and what not. because they are geared up they are not a "squid"? makes no sense to me, i always thought of it as "squid" is determined by attidude and riding style, not by gear worn

Old 03-24-2008, 05:15 PM

I thought it was already covered about that Badfish, but yea your correct, if you are out there acting the fool, you are also deemed a squid! At least in my book.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:25 PM

In a sense, could it be both ways?...

Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are not squidish at all. I know they might not wear leathers.. but the training they receive is A LOT more then your typical joe for riding. I used to work across from the local Ontario Provincial Police motorcycle training lot. They were out there 5 days a week, 8 hours a day riding insane tight little corners and such. Then they would do ride outs on the highways, around town.

Most of us just picked it up on our own.... or took MSF, which is only one weekend for a couple hours, on a small dirtbike or restricted cb250. I think that they training they get will make them much smarter riders then most sportbike owners. Sorry to say it, but I think its true.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 PM

I know this is a bit off topic, but I saw this pic off that website from kike... so here it is
Name:  7.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  65.7 KB

So I was looking at his tat, and thought doesnt law enforcement have some sort of regulation on tattoos? Like the military or something? I know if you had that in the military you would be required to wear long sleeves while in uniform. Anybody know?

Quick Reply: Cops are they squids too?