Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cops are they squids too?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops are they squids too?

Thats easy.....some are..

I'm a squid....... maybe

Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 PM

only squid like actions ive ever been guilty of is not wearing a jacket....always jeans, boots, helmet, gloves....if im riding up the street to the store, im rocking a white tee lol

Old 03-24-2008, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Bean600

only squid like actions ive ever been guilty of is not wearing a jacket....always jeans, boots, helmet, gloves....if im riding up the street to the store, im rocking a white tee lol
tru dat mang.

anything more than a couple of miles from home gets the jacket.

but i have worn shorts before in my retard younger days.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 PM

Some states don't require a helmet at all...

Old 03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

The first time I ever rode my first F3, I was wearing sandals (flipflops). It was dead of summer and my buddy just got it. I told him that day I would get that bike from him, lol.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:38 PM

I would say No. The officers in thepicturesdoing wheelies, I would say they areacting squidish at the moment. I believe if you are going to ride hard, stunt ... then you need to be smart and gear down. I believe that the minumium gear that should be worn is a Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, and Boots. Most Officers I know riding do wear the previous mentioned gear.

I equated the term "squid" or "squidly" with a rider riding in a fashion that will get him or someone else hurt due to their poor judgements that could have beeneasyly prevented.

If you like to ride wheelies.... gear up and do it on an empty street/parking lot. Otherwise, you're getting deemed a squid by me.

If you're dragging knees... gear up anddo it where you can see othersare coming. Otherwise, you're getting deemed a squid by me.

And if I offend someone with this next statement I don't care.

If you don't wear a helmet...even if you're going 40 feet up the road. YOU ARE A SQUID!!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

The best safety gear is your brain, you can wear all the leather, kevlar bulls**t you want, when it comes down to it the best way to survive your ride is to ride safe and alert.
Add that to the weeks of intensive riding class, And they would still have a much greater chance of survival than 40% of the rest the riding population.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz
we say anybody that is not fully geard is a squid, but there is also harley riders squids?
that's your problem right there. you assume that everyone who is not fullygeared up is a squid. i figure as long as someone has on a helmet, gloves and shoes anything beyond that is personal choice. hell during the msf course they dont even tell you to wear a jacket just a long sleeve t-shirt."squid" is a term that gets thrown around wayyyyy too much.
Then I find it kind of strange how they are wearing a short sleeve cotton shirt.[>:]Boy that will offer a whole lot of protection wont it.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

"Killer boots man!"
no its a cartigan but thanks for noticing

Old 03-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

we say anybody that is not fully geard is a squid, but there is also harley riders squids?
that's your problem right there. you assume that everyone who is not fullygeared up is a squid. i figure as long as someone has on a helmet, gloves and shoes anything beyond that is personal choice. hell during the msf course they dont even tell you to wear a jacket just a long sleeve t-shirt."squid" is a term that gets thrown around wayyyyy too much.
Then I find it kind of strange how they are wearing a short sleeve cotton shirt.[>:]Boy that will offer a whole lot of protection wont it.
i only mentioned the msf because they are the one imposing safe riding techniques on new riders and by telling them not to wear a jacket i found it rather ironic. short or long sleeve didnt matter i used the description only to show the ironic choice of "protection" to learn in

Quick Reply: Cops are they squids too?