Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Congrats To GSP

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Congrats To GSP

^^^ He may have been the best, but GSP kicked the **** out of him the last two fights.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

^^^ He may have been the best, but GSP kicked the **** out of him the last two fights.
Thats being nice, he tossed him around like a little girl

Old 04-21-2008, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Manowar Vin

I missed the fights but I couldnt believe Serra even won the first time around. GSP certainly is good but I think Matt Hughes is the best in that weight class. That guy is a monster.
Matt Hughes retired so that is no longer an issue of who is best in the weight class. GSP will be until he leaves that class.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:28 PM
RCR

Good for GSP. Hopefully this time he will stay focused and notlet it go to his head. I watched one interview with GSP after he won the belt the first time, talking about holding the belt in three classes, one above and one below. He needs to dominate his class for a couple of years before branching out IMO.

As for Serra I liked him until he wouldn't shut up about Hughes, got old real quick he became the same person he was dissing..

Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bradlb

GSP is the most athletic fighter i've ever seen, i'd like to see him jump up a weight class and fight Anderson Silva. He's in a league of his own at welterweight.
^^Now that's a fight I would love to see!!!^^
Both are world class andin leagues of their own IMO.

GSP is what a champion is supposed to be. Good fight, but I thought the card was a little boring.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy
I thought the card was a little boring.
That has been the problem for awhile IMO. One good fight, and a bunch of losers from past Tufs. Apparently you don't have to win the contest because you will eventually get a fight anyway. Yawn.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy
I thought the card was a little boring.
That has been the problem for awhile IMO. One good fight, and a bunch of losers from past Tufs. Apparently you don't have to win the contest because you will eventually get a fight anyway. Yawn.
Apparently so! I see a coralation between the cost of the ppv going up and the boring factor going up as well.

I usuallylook forward to the card's that are full of,for a lack of better words, no-names. They usuallyhave more to prove and put on an awesome show!

How about that Mac Danzig? I am looking forward to seeing how far he can go!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:12 PM
TEN

True about TUF, but in the same respect, they are putting out some pretty damn good fighters that didn't win. As long as it's a good fight, it's worth watching. Many of these fighters were up and comers before the show anyway, and now that you know there names a bit more they just stand out a bit.

GSP is the man, a truely awesome fighter in every aspect. It's amazing to see a fighter of that caliber. Although it would be a seriously awesome fight to see he and Silva battle it out, I doubt you will ever see it. GSP is perfect at the weight class he is in. he is huge in that weight class. If he moves up he would lose that advantage. Plus, I think he likes ruling that weight class and Silva is a monster. I think both Silva and GSP will stay where they are and trample their respective weights for some time.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 PM

Well it is official, Kalib Stearns is no longer in the UFC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...?urn=mma,78124

I know I said he would be out and damn it I was right for once.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: flashman

Well it is official, Kalib Stearns is no longer in the UFC.

Wow! I know it was a terrible fight and all Kalib did was run away all night, but did they find out if there was anything wrong with him? Was he injured? Oh well, guess it doesnt matter now.
If he was not in a fighting spirit, he should have just went to the ground and got choked for a few seconds and then tapped. He has had a little success in the UFC so far, its a shame to go out like that.

Quick Reply: Congrats To GSP