Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cheating Spouse (hypotetical situation)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cheating Spouse (hypotetical situation)

She's obviously a f*** up and needs help...I was in a situation years ago with a girl who cheated on me and then attempted suicide several times...for many months, I felt she was my responsibility, but it took time to realize that she wasn't. The responsible thing to do is push this person to get some professional help to put her on the right path, but there's only so much one person can do. You can't help a person who doesn't want to help themself. If it was me, I'd ditch the bitch and never look back.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: woo545

Tough call, most people say once a cheater always a cheater. I personally don't think it's true. Tough situation. I'm on the fence on this and it would depend a lot on the couple.

Can a marriage be fixed after such a betrayal? Certainly, but it requires an awful lot of work, stress, tears and a lot of time. IF it can be recovered, they may end up having the strongest relationship ever due to the resolve of the couple to fix the issues that may have lead to that point. Then again, their relationship may end up being broken forever and may not be worth the anguish. Again, it depends on the couple.

This doesn't mean that I condone cheating. I know that I have left someone in the past because they cheated on me (then rubbed it in) only to come back many months later saying that she has made a mistake. Grass is greener syndrome. I opted not to allow it to occur again by turning her away.

If it happened now...it really depends on the other person and the circumstances.

EDIT: For the most part I feel the best thing to do it is to part ways... BUT there is always at least one exception.
woo...i typically would not bother responding to this, but you bring up a good point...but i must counter however....as having personal experience (not me) with a situation like this...

it's one thing to immediately dump (especially a wife, more so if it's been a long marriage) because of a single act of indiscretion...trust me, as much as anyone wants to say jump and run, it's not that easy...

a good friend once told me...concerning his situation...a single act (now you must know it's a single act, and yes you can find out) is just that...a mistake....every guy and girl at some point will "cheat"....now, i don't mean cheating means only sex....that time you are out with the guys and are drunk and at the strip club and end up getting that nice dance with a little extra...that's just as bad...at some point, we are going to screw up...yes...having sex with another is the pen-ultimate f*** up....but, it's just a f*** nonetheless.....to throw away something that is good because of a single drunken, or stupid mistake, sometimes that is a little rash and you can maybe work through things....and as a result have a wonderful relationship...

however....i think what we are dealing with HERE is a different situation...it's one thing to cheat...it's another to have sex, it's even ANOTHER to be so irresponsible to get pregnant, regardless whether a baby is had or not....on top of that...ending up in prison for whatever reasons....these are not the scenarios that equate to a single mistake, or a momentarily lapse in judgment which can be overcome, but rather a specific pattern which is not going to stop....

tut....tell whoever this is that he is getting a glimpse of things to come....to be away 5 months serving your country and hear this, then being made to feel guilty (which is what the letters are for) is sick...this girl is either too young and stupid, or just has the moral compass of a rock...either way....he should be thankful he saw this now as it will only get worse....

you have to look at the whole situation before coming to a conclusion in any relationship...that i know from PERSONAL experience...sometimes what seems horrible is actually something that can be worked through....but when you hear things like this....any good therapist or FRIEND will tell you it's only the beginning and it's time to get out before she ruins him and he ends up with a child that isn't his and a life he didn't bargain for!!

my .02

Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

I'm sorry, but if my memory serves me correctlly, this girl of yours was the one who went psycho in the Hot wife thread and sounded extreemlly insecure. (Just checked...yeip looks to be the one! https://cbrforum.com/m_361872/mpage_70/key_/tm.htm
Page 70)

she's a basket case section 8! Run!!!! Get away from her while you can! It will be well worth it later in life!
It's not my wife you DICKWAD

Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered Users

let's not start this now...let's stay on topic here!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:41 AM

That's good! Best of luck to your bro

Old 07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

cheating is not a mistake ..a typo is a mistake!!

cheating is grounds for complete removal from my world!!

cheating is a very deliberate act and a betrayal ... if you are married you have broken the marriage vows and one of the ten commandements .. a clinically sane woman who loves you will not cheat on you ..

so if she cheats she has no integrity or is insane or both!!

Either way run!! ..just run!!

Jules

Old 07-07-2008, 12:05 PM

"Cheating and jail time"

Hmmm... sure we arent talking about John Daly?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:32 PM

I can't believe that no one would point out the most obviously disturbing thing about the story. She slept with someone else unprotected!!! In 2008, there's too many STD's and worse out there. Maybe I feel that way b/c I'm from Jersey.
My girlfriend would have at least shown me the respect and used a condom.
Quit her before your d@$% falls off!! LOL!! Seriously!!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tutman6

It's not my wife you DICKWAD
Little testie, are we?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: dawoonj

My girlfriend would have at least shown me the respect and used a condom.
WOW...on second thought, I'm not even going to comment...just way too damn easy...

Quick Reply: Cheating Spouse (hypotetical situation)