CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Challenged an M5, (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/challenged-m5-64771/)

A4wheelin 04-06-2008 09:12 PM

Challenged an M5,

Heading home from work Friday out on the freeway and notice a new BMW M5 ahead of me. I've been dying to go head to head with a high power car for awhile now. Anyways, I pull up next to him and try to entice him to run. No go, I look over at him and he just waves his finger at me, saying no way. Boooo! 500hp and he's out for a cruise. [>:] Don't flame me telling me to take it to the track either, I'm probably a safer rider than the majority and would never tear through traffic haphazardly.

OKIEZAC 04-06-2008 09:23 PM

RE: Challenged an M5,

i had a guy on a Honda superhawk pull on me today, i didnt race him... lots of cops where he was donkeying around.. lol. but his bike looked sick, and had some nice sounding carbon exaust..

TK954RR 04-06-2008 09:26 PM

DOnt worry A4, you would prolly have gotten pwn3d anyhow

Tacoma25 04-06-2008 09:32 PM

Yeah, I doubt you would have pulled that off.

sixhundredrr 04-06-2008 09:35 PM

If he has enough money for an M5, he has enough sense to know that some kid on a crotch rocket isn't worth messing around with.

RCR 04-06-2008 10:04 PM

I played with an M5, we played between stop signs and came into traffic and ended up going different ways.didn't get a chance to run with him but Im sure it would of been a run for my money. Still not sure if he could pull me only time will tell when it happens for real.

jutsin 04-06-2008 10:50 PM

If it was older than an 06 he wouldnt have had a prayer

SpiritRR 04-06-2008 10:54 PM

Aww, I came in here expecting to read what took place during such challenge. But no, it was merely an attempt to challenge. Jeez, now I have blue balls.

A4wheelin 04-06-2008 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Aww, I came in here expecting to read what took place during such challenge. But no, it was merely an attempt to challenge. Jeez, now I have blue balls.
LOL, sorry man. :D Hey I was dissapointed too when the guy wouldn't run.

be vertical 04-06-2008 11:54 PM

If it was a new generation M5, it would depend on your riding skill. Those cars have launch control in them, so they run very very consistent times, I think somewhere in the low 12's. This time is nothing on a bike if your good, but if you cant keep the front down you will be luck to get a 13 sec QM. My bet is you would have taken him, on bitch factor alone, none the less your probably faster. 500hp yes, but they are like 4800 lbs, do the math, its not any faster then a vette, its just cooler.