Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell Phone's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cell Phone's.

SOunds like you should jump on this psyco.

I use Verizon and have no problems.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also call the new cell phone provider and talk to a rep, explain that you are doing an early cancellation from another provider and that you are being charged for the cancellation and inquire about having the startup fees waived.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:28 AM

i have sprint and attand t and well, i like them both some areas i get great, my att phone is pretty great forreception a a free phone that i was able to receive...my sprint phone wasa ****ing Panzer tank though..7 years..no wait its now 8!! lol...part of the right holder on the phone is broken off and the rubbers on it came off a long time ago...the charger broke about 3 difere times...and yet it still holds its chrage pretty well, att phone im afraid im going to broke this one LOL feels so light compared to my other one.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:38 AM

Ive got Verizon and I have used Cingular and Sprint. I also got a phone for free. It was like a 200.00 phone and it was marked at 79.99 but I had a discount because I had my phone for about a year and 7 months so I got ot for free.

Verizon has always been good for me.
Cingular sucks. All kinds of dropped calls.
Sprint wasnt bad, I think I switched because I ran up a high bill. I cant remember.

I think I would just go with Verizon, but dont get one of those phones with all this junk on it like a MP3 player and the Internet and all this crap. Thats what MP3 players are for and computers. I dont really think there is any need to pay a **** ton more for stuff that I already use at home and dont need on my phone which is only used for texting. Taking insurance pics when someone hits me or when there is a nice set of *******, and for using my mouth while I call people.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:23 PM

verizon wireless is the best cell phone service you can get. Not saying the best plans, but the service itself it great. I have never dropped a call and rarely never go into out of service

Old 01-23-2008, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

ORIGINAL: Badfish

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Sprint actually just made some "Changes" to the fees on their bill which allows you to end your contract early without being charged a termination fee... all you have to do is call customer care... I think it's only through January...

My honest advice: get away from Sprint as fast as you can...AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are all great cell phone providers... you'll get good service, reliable billing systems, and you can get great phones... Personally I recommend AT&T and T-Mobile becaue they use GSM which means you can upgrade to a new phone just by putting your sim card in it...that means you can buy unlocked cell phones from Europe and Japan that aren't even for sale here
contract thing is not true, once they make the changes, if you pay the following bill to post, you have agreed to the changes and cannot opt out. and they havent done anything like that since the txt rate went up to $.15 last year. the only changes made recently were the ability to change plan w/out contract and i beleiev pro rated ETF starts soon.
Trust me man... this is what I do for a living... the Get out of your Sprint contract thing is true for January

http://consumerist.com/consumer/cell...ard-332782.php

this is also what i do for a living, i work for sprint, and one of my best friends works for verizon, and another for ATT i get the stories from each carrier. like i said it depends on your area as to the best service, in toledo ATT is by far the worst for dropped calls, everyone here has sprint or verizon, not saying any carrier sucks more than another, its just always what works best for that person in the area they will be making most calls from

Old 01-23-2008, 01:11 PM

get a phone through araicellular they are an ebay power seller.. i went through them.. had a problem with my phone mailed it back.. got a new one in 2 days.. very good customer svc.. cood rates on phones.. and not to mention they program your phones at full rate which you cannot buy in the united states..

full rate = better reception/ call quality.. all phones sold to US cellular companies are programmed at half rate.. thus allowing 2 times as many calls on 1/2 as many towers..

araicellular.. on ebay.. do it.. do it now..

Old 01-23-2008, 06:13 PM

damn i didnt even think of this earlier, check out helio, they run off of sprint and verizons network, have the same data transfer speeds, and have some baller *** phones and features. if/when i stop working for sprint its the service im gonna go with. ive actually thought about just payin for one anyways because the service looks sweet

Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
VP

this is also what i do for a living, i work for sprint, and one of my best friends works for verizon, and another for ATT i get the stories from each carrier. like i said it depends on your area as to the best service, in toledo ATT is by far the worst for dropped calls, everyone here has sprint or verizon, not saying any carrier sucks more than another, its just always what works best for that person in the area they will be making most calls from
it's cool man I wasn't negating the carriers you recommended, I was just making sure you guys saw the "get of jail free" card for Sprint in January... I have helped several of my customers out of their contracts with Sprint just to get them to activate with T-Mobile because it was the better carrier for them... I've also done it for several relatives...

If I was going to get service today, knowing what I know about cell phones and companies, I wouldn't get a cell phone.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM

Looks like i'm going to have to call Sprint tomorrow, Find out aboutthat free pass. Verizon and At&t has nice phone's but ****ty plan's. T-mobile has nice plansbut ****ty phones. Dammit so many choice's.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone's.