CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Cell phone suggestions - Verizon (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/cell-phone-suggestions-verizon-130830/)

frozenpoet 09-16-2011 06:08 AM

I hate apple and microcrap. I can easily afford them, but they are the greedy brats of the school yard who think they know it all. Meanwhile they keep pumping out crap products that we're just supposed to jump on because it has their logo on it. Think vista. I use linux as much as I can, and android is a linux os.

elevensies 09-16-2011 06:59 AM

apple..........
apple store..........
i tunes......................
i feckin everything.............

i can afford one, i just dont want one, i would rather not have a phone than buy into the''i'' market.

NateDieselF4i 09-16-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by kazspeed (Post 1100504)
Funny how every droid phone claims it's an iPhone killer, yet gets superseded a couple months later....

And if I couldn't afford apple products I would hate them too...

Just sayin....

Not to toot my own horn, but I make well above the average US income. I still hate apple products.

Anyways, i'm gonna go talk to the Verizon store peeps I guess. only question is now do I still get my reduced price and can extend my contract without changing my contract?

As in, am I grandfathered in to my old contract, but can still get my 2 year upgrade or whatever it is price. I'd rather spend 200 bucks on the Bionic than 500.

kazspeed 09-16-2011 12:58 PM

Has a Droid phone got a shout out from Stevie Wonder?

I think not....

Stevie Wonder: It's a Case of Steve Jobs Leading the Blind | TMZ.com

Sprock 09-16-2011 02:17 PM

This is too funny

Running a pretty large network with a large mix of both IBM / Apple and Droid/Iphone

I like 'em all :D personal preference is iphone but prefer Galaxy Tab over Ipad
prefer a MacBook or MAC Pro over PC hardware ........ but run bootcamp so both
OS's can be used .......mostly for application compatibility when doing remote
admin to the Big Iron IBM server based network.

Simply put all these technologies have their uses and some excel over the other
in certain areas and vice versa

Where I am Upper level Management has Iphones ... they like the ease of use
Middle level folks .....trend towards Droid and Crackberry .... they like screwing them
up :D ...lol, and the lower echelon .....well they get very flat thumbs....and nobody
cares .......! LOL

Toot toot Nate ;) bwaaaahahahah

gtmotor 09-16-2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent (Post 1100404)
Are you serious?!?!?!? Im going to use my best judgement and assume your kidding....

And a 600RR is not powerful enough, i ride a 54 and have a iPhone....

I'm very much serious. Is that so hard to believe? The iPhone is more user friendly since Apple does a good job at screening apps and limiting how bad you can screw yourself by mashing buttons. I bought my Mom an iPhone last year because she thinks it's more intuitive to use (she just learned how to text recently). I just got my Dad the Motorola Bionic because he likes to (try) to tinker with things.

My suggestion to the OP is the Bionic.

Tremar 09-22-2011 02:03 PM

Get an iPhone if you are under the age of 15, or over the age of 50, and cant handle anything but stupidly simple tech. As for the iPhone fanboy, save it. You are comparing "droid" to iPhones.. android is an OS, iPhone is a phone. You cannot compare the two of them. Just because there was 8 phones with android OS and one iPhone in the same timeframe means nothing.

As to the OP, I would suggest the Droid Bionic, I am rocking a rooted first gen droid too, I love it but am thinkin about going to the bionic when I can upgarde. It looks promising

adrenalnjunky 09-22-2011 03:00 PM

I'm verizon and won't switch too. I'm typically anti Apple product as well. I have the 1st Gen Moto Droid and I think that the Android OS has finally just gotten too big for the hardware, so I'm looking at upgrading as well.

Bionic is what I've been waiting for, but according to a couple of the forums and blogs out there, the whole Verizon 4G LTE network and the phones, not just Motorolas, but all of their LTE phones like the Charge and Thunderbolt are acting funny at times where data connectivity in any mode CDMA/3G/LTE drops out requiring a reboot.

My area is non 4g at this time, and it appears part of the problem is when the phones are switching between one network to another, so I may not see the problem myself.

I'm also waiting for the upcoming Apple phone just to see what the specs are. I might finally be pushed to that side, but considering the rumored release date of 10/7 or 10/14, that means pre-orders would start in a week, and at this time the name of the product hasn't even been officially announced.

txsmainevent 09-22-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tremar (Post 1101964)
Get an iPhone if you are under the age of 15, or over the age of 50, and cant handle anything but stupidly simple tech. As for the iPhone fanboy, save it. You are comparing "droid" to iPhones.. android is an OS, iPhone is a phone. You cannot compare the two of them. Just because there was 8 phones with android OS and one iPhone in the same timeframe means nothing.

As to the OP, I would suggest the Droid Bionic, I am rocking a rooted first gen droid too, I love it but am thinkin about going to the bionic when I can upgarde. It looks promising

Edited due to me getting beside myself.....carry on....

gotcbr 09-22-2011 05:06 PM

KNOCK OFF THE NAME CALLING & ARGUING.

If you've got an opinion about phones, then post it...period.