Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell phone recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cell phone recommendations

I have Sprint service which isn't so good around here. The phone I have is called a Katana. If the Katana were a person, it would be Jimmy Carters brother, Billy. The blasted thing has a mute button where my thumb goes, and I am always muting people accidentally...who hang up on me before I realize what is going on. When my telephone dreams, it dreams it is a Razor and I am Paris Hilton.

When I get through another year of service, I think I am going to get an iPhone. By then, there will probably be something 78.6% better, but I am always a bit behind on having the cool phone. I am actually surprised that I don't have one of those 80s cell phones. You know the ones that you had to carry around in a wheelbarrow? You could actually see your brain tumor growing everytime you called your friends...[&:]

Old 11-07-2008, 12:48 PM

and is there any kind of adapter you could rig up for regular headphones to the smaller jack that most phones use?
Yeah samsung is the only one I've seen that sells such a thing.. which is one of the reasons why I was leaning towards the a737, but clubsammich said it's not a good phone. I could go with bluetooth earbuds, but theyre still damn expensive and the only kind i've seen is a behind the back of the head kind, which would make it impossible to go with just 1 bud in while riding.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iphone /thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 PM

From my experience i would definetly stay away from Samsung, their products are ****.. i had a tv a dvd player and a cell phone made by samsung and they are all crap. Especially the cell phone, it was nothing but problems, i sent it out for repairs twice and it still didnt work right.. other then not working right, the features on the phone had glitches that were super frusterating, way to many to list.
I agree with Rojer, if your just looking for a basic cell phone without internet, go with LG, they seem to be by far the best IMO...

Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 PM

Anyone have any experience with the sony W760a? I was pretty happy with my last 'walkman' phone and this is the newest, but I heard the W580i was terrible.
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku3020345

Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: tomp

Fox how much did it run you for your first month, with buying the iPhone and setting up your plan? I have At&T for my home phone and internet already. I have Sprint for my cell phone, its alright I guess. I'd like to get the iPhone. I have the HTC Touch (PDA thing) its a pain in the *** to use.
With the 450 minute rollover plan (I don't talk much) and the 1500 text messages a month, plus the data plan, it all runs me right around $80-$90/month. The first month of service and the setup & first time fees, etc. etc. ran me about $130.00, but I think most of that was because I ported over from T-Mobile.

But they could charge me $150.00 month and I would STILL be as happy with it as I am paying 80 or so.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:42 PM

I have an Iphone, Its unlocked and jail broken running on T-mobiles network. Since i am on a college campus i get wifi everywhere i walk. So no need to have a data plan. But if i wanted one its 5 dollars from tmobile for unlimited, thats with the iphone hack so you dont get billed with it.

Honestly i think the iphone is an awesome phone its almost like a computer the support is great and the possibilities are endless. My phone is running a Linux version of the O/S

you can get an edge phone for pretty cheap these days locked, you can unlock it in a matter of minutes, with software free online. And if you are still at&T it doesnt matter you can just stick in the sim and use it!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I have the iPhone and swear by it. It's my iPod, my phone, my mobile entertainment, my planner, alarm, e-mail, etc. etc. I mean honestly, after the iPhone, HOW many rip-off's have there been with horrible reviews? Give the iPhone a try. You have 30 days if you don't like it. WELL worth it IMO. It's worth twice what they're selling it for.

Message posted from my iPhone.
I agree with everything fox just posted from his iPhone, I am doing the same. It really is an incredible phone. I paid 200 for it because I added a line and renewed my subscription. I have two iPhones on my plan with Internet and unlimited testing. It costs 189 a month. Split two ways, it's cheaper than my last plan and the phone is a trillion times better.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:28 PM

Don't get Motorolla whatever you do. LG is good, prolly what I'm getting next.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 PM

LG Shine: Small, light, cool looking, chicks love it, 4GB SD card+Headphone adapter=slick MP3 player. I use it for everything; phone, texting, alarm, MP3, and looking up my GFs skirt. Oh yeah, camera is pretty slick too.

Quick Reply: Cell phone recommendations