Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell phone recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell phone recommendations

Renewing my contract in a couple weeks with AT&T, any suggestions on cell phones? I don't want a phone where I have to pay for an internet package (I-phone, not sure about lg vue). I would like something that has a memory chip where I can store songs, and listen to them through earbuds (don't have an I-pod), preferably a regular headphone jack so I can use my own earbuds and not crappy ones that come with the phone (if they even make a phone with a traditional headphone jack).

Currently I have the sony ericson w810i, (one of the 1st 'walkman' phones). I'm pretty happy with it though the screen cracked a long time ago.

This is what I'm looking at now http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Samsung+A737+-+Orange+(Refurb)&q_sku=sku1230024
Though I don't know if it even comes with crappy earbuds or a whole lot about it, but I'm open to suggestions.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: Cell phone recommendations

LG makes the best phones I'll never buy another brand after all the crap i'v gone through with others.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:22 PM

LG makes the best phones I'll never buy another brand after all the crap i'v gone through with others
Are you famaliar with the LG vue? Does it require an internet package or whatever the hell the monthly charge is called that comes with the I-phone?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:31 PM

Any phone will require an internet plan if you use the actual internet. There are different ways to use it, pay by the MB, Unlimited use, etc. OR you can get an unlimited text, email, and internet all in one package, but its like $45 just for that. But no matter what phone you have, if you use the actual internet or their MediaNet, you pay, whether it be by the MB/KB or the type of usage.

But yes, the Vu, Blackberry, iPhone, Blackjack, etc, any PDA require media plans for the net.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LG shine, INstinct, iphone, a blackmarket unlocked googlephone

Old 11-06-2008, 11:53 PM

I have a G1 and AT&T, I hate this phone ......

G1 = Work

AT&T = Personal.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the iPhone and swear by it. It's my iPod, my phone, my mobile entertainment, my planner, alarm, e-mail, etc. etc. I mean honestly, after the iPhone, HOW many rip-off's have there been with horrible reviews? Give the iPhone a try. You have 30 days if you don't like it. WELL worth it IMO. It's worth twice what they're selling it for.

Message posted from my iPhone.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 AM

Samsung blackjack. Also, the A737 isn't worth it. Trust me.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 AM

Fox how much did it run you for your first month, with buying the iPhone and setting up your plan? I have At&T for my home phone and internet already. I have Sprint for my cell phone, its alright I guess. I'd like to get the iPhone. I have the HTC Touch (PDA thing) its a pain in the *** to use.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 AM

Some of the phones connect through wifi now so you don't necessarily have to do anything with the internet package in order to use the internet in occasional spots. Almost any phone is gonna have the capability to put music on it now.. and is there any kind of adapter you could rig up for regular headphones to the smaller jack that most phones use? It might be a remedy for the earbud idea. I've always loved LG stuff the best.

Quick Reply: Cell phone recommendations