Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CDL A/B

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDL A/B

So after three years im sick of my job. Not necessarily the job itself, but more the people and bull**** that goes on. Today I setup an appointment for admissions at Northeast Technical Institute in Maine. Ill put in my applicationfor school and financing. I plan on going for my class A just to cover all my bases. For years ive wanted to drive a 3 axle dump truck, looks like fun and something id like to do. Also id somewhat be my own boss, and I wouldnt have to be around a bunch of co-workers I dislike. Also its a field that is ALWAYS looking for applicants. My dad drives, and my little brother drives so it seems to be in the blood.

Im curious to see if any of the regulars do this for a fulltime job, and get your feedback. How do you like it? Benefits? Yada yada yada...

I really hope I can do this, otherwise I may go postal.[&:]

Old 03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Default RE: CDL A/B

go postal just leave the bullets at home.. it will make you feel better..

i know just what you mean.. i dont drive for a living, but i am my own boss, and dont have to be around abunch of douche bags all day.

making your own schedule also makes things nice when you want to ride or travel.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I delivered pizzas for years, and its good to be away and pretty much free to do what you want, so long as you don't take too long. Granted, I was the boss for half that time. Sitting in traffic all day everyday, destination after destination, meh, it sucks, but that job actually paid well and is better than others I have had. What does that job specifically entail? Just deliveries?

Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 PM

I drive 24ft box trucks for a living local in Louisville Ky and love it. I hate being in the same spot all the time. Everyday the deliveries are random some of them are regulars but others are just set up daily. Couldn't imagine myself doing anything else plus no one is over my shoulder or telling me to do something a different way. I will never get rich at it but it pays my bills and it will always be around so it's secure. Hope it works out for you.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I delivered pizzas for years, and its good to be away and pretty much free to do what you want, so long as you don't take too long. Granted, I was the boss for half that time. Sitting in traffic all day everyday, destination after destination, meh, it sucks, but that job actually paid well and is better than others I have had. What does that job specifically entail? Just deliveries?
My current job, or what Id like to be doing? Like I said, Id love to drive a fullsize dump truck but Id even do drop and hooks with 53' trailers if thats what it take. So yes itd be deliveries. Sand, rock,materials...