Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CCL and Riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CCL and Riding

I've been waiting a long time to have some money to spend on a handgun and with the stimilus checks being sent out now I am considering picking up something for me to carry. I am not sure what I really want, either a .380 or a .40, but what I really want to know is how many of you guys that have a CCL, or not..lol, carry while riding? I thought about carrying under my jacket, but that would just be dumb b/c if the jacket is zipped there is no access to it, plus I'm sure that would leave a nice impression say I went down. I do have a JR Manta tank bag, I was considering putting it in there but was a little concnered about it being on the gas tank and heat etc. I'm not too worried about it, but just wanted to get you guys' thoughts on the issue and if any of you carry while you ride, what do you carry and where do carry it?

I'm also open to suggestions on what to get, I'm unsure at this point.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CCL and Riding

Isnt this a[sm=repost.gif]

Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 AM

IDK, did I post it before?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:06 AM

Me, i would take the .40 between those 2. The tank won't get too hot but if you are looking into concealed carrying you may as well have it on your body, just incase you were to need it. It wouldn't help none in a tank bag or under a car seat or stashed in your house.

Glock 29 + shoulder strap is the way to go though !

Old 05-08-2008, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Me, i would take the .40 between those 2. The tank won't get too hot but if you are looking into concealed carrying you may as well have it on your body, just incase you were to need it. It wouldn't help none in a tank bag or under a car seat or stashed in your house.

Glock 29 + shoulder strap is the way to go though !

Glock 29 is my pref as well. Sometimes it is inside the jacket, in the car it is in the small of my back. I am thin and have a hard time concealing it anywhere else.

Go 10mm, they rule

Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 AM

Does the Glock 29 have a short grip? My brother has I think a Glock 22 with the short grip, he has the mag extension, but I don't like how short the grip is on it, feels like its going to fly out of your hand.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:15 AM

g29 is a subcompact pistol i believe the g22 only came standard so im guess your not going to like it. Most of these concealed subcompact guns are fairly small. They are made to shoot people not target, if your looking for a practice gunget a full size 10lb chromed out blaster !!

My next gun will prob be a kel tec 9mm or kahr CW9mm they are both very small.

Have you been to any gun shops yet ?

Old 05-08-2008, 10:38 AM

No, not yet. Not since I decided on the purchase anyhow. I may stop by some on my lunch break. I do like the idea of small for carrying, but I am going to be at the range often enough. I am a small guy, so the smaller the better, esp when riding. That's most of the reasoning behind wanting a .380 too, size.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Yea im also pretty small. That's why i want to get a Kel tec 9mm. They are very small and easily hidden. Once you go to a gun shop you will get a much better idea of what your really looking for. Some companies offer better packages with their guns too. Some you dont get anything, some you get a case flashlight clips all kinds of accessories.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:56 AM

Damn, that Kal Tec is tiny.

Quick Reply: CCL and Riding