Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CBR 600F Vs R6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrandona`
Agreed.

I just had to watch 2 dudes on an R6 and a CBR600 with their girlfriends on the back fly by me on the highway going 100+ with no gear on (just a helmet) and heavy traffic. I'm already tired of squids and it's april

But really, it's all about the rider. And if you're "racing" on a straightaway or highway or a windy, twisty road.
I'm not gonna get nasty, but what the hell makes you think you can talk to me like I'm an idiot?

You know ____ all about me and how do you know what the hell I wear when I ride and even dare to refer to me as a squid.

And to all those who didn't notice, there is a Tongue out smiley when I said I can't race so it means I am actually joking.

But thanks to all who answered my question and tried not to assume how, where and what I wear when I ride.

And Alex F, How do you know how well I ride my cbr 125? Or even how well I rode my DRZ 400? I'd love to race a guy on a 250. Would be fun...

Oh and just so you guys know. I raced moto x for like almost 10 years and I'm 18 now so I have been brought up with, and do have, experience with bikes and great repect for them. I may not be an expert on 100+ BHP supermachines but I know how to ride a bike.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:33 PM

I wouldn't race if I were you. Odds are whoever wins could swap bikes and win again. This is a definite case of whos a faster rider not who has a faster bike.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 PM

I have no plans on racing, thats why I asked the question. So I didn't have to race.

And yes that is a good point but Mechanically no one seems to know for definate which is faster. Unless someone can give some evidence for or against.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by woodypk
I have no plans on racing, thats why I asked the question. So I didn't have to race.

And yes that is a good point but Mechanically no one seems to know for definate which is faster. Unless someone can give some evidence for or against.
Forget all these party poopers. Being responsible is one thing, but you'd think none of these guys ever broke the speed limit (and I know that ain't true). We buy these bikes to go fast and some of us are less responsible than others.

But I digress. On the track given 20 laps you might find your answer. On the road, given the bikes and the respective level of experience, you are probably evenly matched.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 PM

My buddy had a 2000 R6 and I have an 2001 f4i. Though we never raced, the consensus was my bike is quicker. We never took them to up towards top speed but I was ahead of him through 3 gears redlined. I've ridden his R6 and it really takes off in the high rpms, so i believe the R6 has higher top speed so therefore faster, but nobody needs that top end on the street anyways...

Old 04-09-2011, 10:49 PM

i dont think anyone was referring to you as a squid personally, so dont take such offense bro. and im not trying to give u grief either but since uve been in this a while u know the drill, check out a few sites that offer reviews and find some quarter mile times, or some lap times with the two respective bikes... a good site i did some research on is motorcycle-usa.com they are an unbiased site that reviews just about any bike u can think of on the track and the road...usually with the same set of guys testing the bikes...proly find what your lookin for there...goodluck...btw..we all know your gonna race him lol atleast pm me to let me know how it went

Old 04-10-2011, 04:01 AM

Respect.....

Thanks a lot dude

And it just grinds my teeth, because I'm young and everyone has the same oppinion about me everytime I join a forum without even having met me.

I CHOSE to join the biking world because I love bikes but some people can't understand the fact that because I'm young and that you don't need a licence to ride smaller bikes here in the UK they think I'm an idiot who will kill theirself from never riding a bike before, which is not the case.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Respect.....

Thanks a lot dude

And it just grinds my teeth, because I'm young and everyone has the same oppinion about me everytime I join a forum without even having met me.

I CHOSE to join the biking world because I love bikes but some people can't understand the fact that because I'm young and that you don't need a licence to ride smaller bikes here in the UK they think I'm an idiot who will kill theirself from never riding a bike before, which is not the case.
it gets kinda heated in here sometimes.
sorry, a lot of times we all play dad in here when we can.
we get all sorts of interesting new people in this forum... and well...
after the countless people posting things that seem offbeat

(one guy argued it was safer to go without mirrors, because "you can just look over your shoulder")

we just want everyone to be safe.
hope ya know why we are all protective.
we're all a family on here.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
we get all sorts of interesting new people in this forum... and well...
after the countless people posting things that seem offbeat...
Thats why I posted it here in the 'off topic' section of the forum because it does say 'almost anything goes' so thats why It's in here and not the riding skills/track section of the forum.

And I do appreciate the concern, but not the snide remarks from certain people on here.

I may be young, but not half as dumb as you may think...

Again, thanks to all who answered my question.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 PM

I may be young, but not half as dumb as you may think...

Again, thanks to all who answered my question.
well then if you raced moto x for that long i assume you know damn well how to launch a bike, hold balance point, and fly lol so there shouldnt really be any competition...

That would mean you would win hands down, but for best estimates check out the site drag times. It lets you search for models and the people post if their bike is modded or not

Quick Reply: CBR 600F Vs R6?