Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car Shopping

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:46 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Shopping

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Sounds like he was working for Quixtar, probably selling "XS" energy drinks. Quixtar is the sister company of the famous Amway. It's very very similar to a pyramid scheme, definitely shady about some aspects, but there IS money to be made there....assuming, of course, that you have the money to spend the the TIME TIME TIME to put into it.

-Adam
That's exactly what it was man...XS. There's this other thing I've heard about called "nanu" juice or something that's supposed to be pretty popular, but I still don't really even get why people keep getting wrapped up in this crap. This guy who works for me is really into selling it but I swear to god if he tries to get me to come to a meeting I'm firing him lol.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:47 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

If holmes was selling Powerthirst, then you guys just lost out on a big time opportunity!!! Your loss...
Well now that's a whole different story! I really like their "gun" flavored drinks.

Does anything motivate you more than their slogan: "You'll be too energetic for normal sports"

Old 06-27-2008, 07:03 AM

Ford had to stop most production of the trucks because they had already had so many sitting on the car lots. There notreally making the f250 or 350 anymore only on a order basis throughcommercial company's. because that a majority of there profit.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM

That was pretty goofy. And I HATE the "how much are you looking to spend" question...I never give them an aswer to that. Or "what kind of payments are you looking for?"

Maybe a little OT, but I'd tell your buddy to look at used trucks. With high gas prices a lot of people are wanting to unload their trucks fora decent price. Andno offenseTD600, but I would stay away from Dodge no matter what the price. There's a reason nobody wants to buy them, which is why Dodge has to try so hard to get them off the lots.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:44 PM

noneee taken haha I don't know anything about trucks so i'm not surprised... I didn't have say in the final decision but it was cheap and a bunchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh of people have rams here in texas...so i guess i cant be in too bad of shoes with everyone else here being in the same shoes.. haha we basically just got it for me to haul my bike back n forth so if it can handle that then its all good! haha

Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM

Wish I was near you guys, I'm looking to sell my F250 for 2,500 bucks. Moving and it's too expensive to ship across country. Look for used, folks are getting rid of thier trucks unless the HAVE to have them, ei. work trucks. Those soccer moms and redneck posers driving 4x4 quad cabs for running jimmy to b-ball practice and picking up a loaf of bread are getting scarce. +1 stay away from dodge, I tried one and it was the biggest POS ever, I put more miles on it driving back to the service shop than I did driving it around, looked nice, but jeezus something was always wrong, I got rid of it after a few months, made them take it back. My buddies durangos' front disc brakes cought on fire , and another friends dodge 1500 **** the transmission with only 30k on it. the only dodge worth a **** are the cummings equiped ones, of course dodge doesn't make the cummings.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:01 PM
VP

Yeah gas prices are definitely affecting the prices of trucks...we looked at a used 06 F250 with 11k miles on it fully loaded, the guy was only asking 15k...but it had been lifted and had some big ole tires on it (he'd sold the stock ones) and figured it was only getting 7-8 MPG...and this thing was a diesel. Pretty aweful!

My buddy's now looking at mid sized sedans lol...imports of course.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:02 PM

man i wish i had known that... haha because my step brother had a dodge 1500 turbo cummings diesel and it ran well and was reliable while he had it... the only time he had a problem was when the transmission went out at 90000 miles...after he went mudding and drove the **** outta the truck...we just assumed it was from abusing the thing.. haha i should've tried harder to convincemy parentsto put that money towards a new car for me instead =)

Old 06-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Retired Moderator

Hey Veeps, does your friend have to have a truck? It is just GD expensive these days to fill up. I used to wonder how anybody could drive anything other than a truck, and now I wonder how anybody can afford to drive one. Is he a contractor or something? A 1/2 ton with a gas engine is definitely the way to go right now if you have to have a truck. I am lucky, my company pays for fuel otherwise I would be riding a unicycle to work...[:@]