Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car insurance issues regarding SR-22

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get PROGRESSIVE!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:46 PM

I've got progressive, I know they do the SR22 even though I don't require one, And i've been happy with them but the roomie has allstate, and they gave him a smokin' deal on his bike insurance.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:38 PM

When I was going through this i used a company called sr22 insurance. They help find the cheapest place to get an sr22 form. They do they price comparison between companies for you. I know figuring out the whole sr22 form thing isn't fun. It's why I love forums like these!

Good Luck!
Lex

Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Default Obtaining SR22 Insurance

Due to accidents, there will often be a requirement to file an SR22 form. Most insurance companies offer this service with policies. The insured will tell the agency that he or she is required to file an SR22 form and the insurance company files the form with the DMV, which verifies that this individual is insured to legally drive an automobile. All insurance companies use what is called a risk calculator to determine what rates will be, and they go by how many points a person has lost on his or her license, due to traffic violations and/or convictions of DUI or DWI.

There are some companies that will cancel a person’s policy when they become required to carry an SR22, but if this does happen, there is not any need for stress. It might be difficult to find an agency to acquire cheap SR22 insurance, but it is possible. If it is a huge struggle, or companies keep turning a person down, that person can contact the state insurance commissioner. Insurance is mandatory and it is also mandatory for an insurance agency to offer this service. It is a good idea to find the best quote. Obtain three or four quotes from three or four different companies. One reputable way to do this is by visiting www.sr22insurance.net.

The rates for SR22 insurance are often much higher than regular insurance, but there are discounts for some things, so it is worth asking an agent about.

Also, most insurance companies will include a section in the paperwork, when someone firsts acquires insurance, that will state that a company can terminate a customer/policy at any time, for any reason. It has been said by some that an insurance agency is not allowed to cancel a policy until the renewal period, but this is not true if it has been written and has been mailed to the insured. Generally, people do not read all the paperwork they receive, but it is a good idea to read it all. One never knows what the future might hold. A person could have insurance for several years and then have a traffic incident which requires them to file an SR22. If a person knows what the paperwork said, he or she will know what to expect from the insurance company at that time. It certainly does not hurt to read everything, for other reasons, at any rate.

Last edited by SR-22 Insurance; 09-17-2010 at 04:24 PM.