Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can't believe it, but... (Pictures update)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't believe it, but... (Pictures update)

I've decided enough with street riding!

Not really, but it won't be on a CBR this year.

I"M GOING SUPERMOTO!!!

Been looking all night long (since I made my mind up) and I've not been real sucessful I guess because I'm picky. In any case I'm trying to hunt down CRF's, WR's, YZF's or KTM 450's.

I found a reputable place that offers conversion kits at reasonable prices. This kit also allows for a 20 minute trail/street swap. I've been missing out on a TON of rides the last couple of years because I sold all my dirtbikes when I went to the street.

Anyway, just thought I would share, lol.

If I remember right, TheX has a Duc Moto - how ya liking that bad boy? Anyone else rocking Moto's? If so, did you convert them, buy them setup... ?

On a side note I've been rocking that F3 around and dammit I forgot how much fun those little guys are! Haha, feels tiny after throwing a leg over a 929 for a while.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Default RE: Can't believe it, but...

Cool man. I bet that route will be just as fun as a street bike. Im from a long history of dirt biking myself so i can see the appeal. You can go damn near anywhere.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 AM

I rode dirt bikes and qauds from the time I was 6 years old till I was 29. I would love to have a supermoto to stunt on and stuff like that. I'm only 5.8" so i do have a hard time on a tall bike, but once I'm on it I can rock them out. I heard the CRF 450 is a beast and a half.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Looking like it's going to be a clean as hell XR400. Which saves me a bit of work as far as electronics go and it's already titled. 2003 for $2200 OBO.

Going to lose a bit of the torque but it's still a strong *** bike. Conversion kit is so cheap... man this is going to be FUN FUN FUN!!!

Pics to come! Course you know I was looking hard for a Honda, lol.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:58 AM

Thats what I plan on doing when I buy another bike. Im going with a CRF450X. Ive seen a few on the road. It looks like so much fun!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Banned

Yeah I'd do a 250 like yours if they had four-stroke sound, lol. Can't rock a 2-stroker on the streets here, not that I would want to rebuild a daily driver every weekend, heh.

Guy just called me, now he's bringing it to me! Nice! He's about 2 hours away so if he is bringing it up here sight unseen (told him no promises) my guess is he is confident in how clean and straight it is.

Here's to hoping...

Can't wait to flood this place with my conversion pics, lol. Maybe I'll get a CBRForum decal to show my love

Gawdammit - kid on Christmas I tell ya. I have zero patience.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 AM

Yeah. When I threw a FMF system on my 250 it made it sound sooo much better. Still nothing like a 450 though.
Hope the bike is in good shape. Cant wait to see it done.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 AM

Change ya Siggy, BEN [:'(]

You should have lots of fun on that.. I remeber one day last year we were hauling *** through a nice sweeper on the parkway, Then out of nowhere, 2 guys on some dual-sports came flying past us like we werent even moving...

Old 04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned

Well dude should be here in about 20-30 minutes and I gotta be honest... it's killing me.

I hate waiting once I've made my mind up...

Update with pictures soon!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:07 PM

Would you mind letting me know what site sells the conversion kits... I've been thinking of doing the same thing too.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Can't believe it, but... (Pictures update)