Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Camera suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera suggestions?

Looking for a nice camera. The last one I had, ages ago, was an old cannon that I had some nice lenses for, and it was a 35mm. Then, when everything went digital, got cought up in that, but the typical digitals out there aren't cutting it for what I want to do. I really like tossing the camera in a back-pack and hitting the roads for the day just to enjoy and photograph the scenery. I'm up here in the northeast now and theres tons of cool stuff to take pics of. Anyways, I hear allot of good stuff about the cannon rebel, orthe dlsr? Was in Target I think and they had one that was like 500 or so and another for 800. Whats the difference in the higher-end cameras, what do you need and whats just nice to have, or whats over-rated. I'm not a pro or anything but don't want something thats going to leave me wanting to upgrade any time soon. Also, wheres the best place to shop? Circuit city, Best Buy? Ideas?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Camera suggestions?

canon rebel XS..low end DSLR but takes amazing pics..i love mine so far..if you really want to go overboard get a canon 5D Mark II

Old 12-04-2008, 11:21 PM

If you aren't into really complicated stuff any of em should do the job. They all take pretty nice photos. Some cameras just don't do a few things like long exposures. I'm not sure if the more recent ones have that feature but I think I remember the older ones not including it. I dunno, if you really want to look at the differences in the qualities I found a page a while ago and I can't remember how I found it but one thing stuck with me about the differences in the cameras is at a certain step they use different sensors for recording the images and they have some different characteristics. Other than that the features are laid out pretty well on their website. I've used a rebel and they're pretty nice cameras. I don't know how nice of a camera you're shopping for but you should be pretty satisfied with a rebel and a good lens.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 PM

Mine was pretty cheap, and well worth it in my opinion. I got the camera, two canon lenses, and a 2 gb sd card for $603 at a store.
New egg has the same kit for cheaper...$563 and it comes with a free 8GB HCSD card right now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830120278

combo deal is on the bottom of that page

Old 12-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will always suggest a compact unless you are a pro. They take great pics as well. I mean you can just slide in your pocket or jacket and use it anytime you want..
I see most people buy a high end which they really don't know how to fully use it and rarely touch it too.
I do carry my compact almost wherever I go and a great picture is determined by the exposure and angles... not only the camera.