Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cager waves?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cager waves?

While driving the cage, I am sometimes (subconsciously) trying to wave at bikers out of habit, not fully aware I'm in my cage. This sometimes leads my to jamming my hand into my door or window, forgetting I'm in a car.

Does anyone else wave at passing bikers when their in their cage? Do you ever get waves back?

Old 03-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Default RE: Cager waves?

i do every now and then when ridin in the wifeys cage and the people that know me and her that ride wave back but most of the time i get that half assed uhh-is-he-waving-at-me wave lol

Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 AM

i'll give the casual raised hand wave over the steering wheel, and 50/50 get a nod back.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:02 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

yea ill give a wave, sometimes ill get it back othertimes they dont even see me to begin with. also sometimes ill get the wave from cagers .

Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never drive my car [sm=icon_rofl.gif]. Or when I do it's usually just when it's raining, and I rarely see any bikes on the road. Buf the rare occasion I do run across a bike while in my cage I try and wave....

Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 AM

and I thought I was the only one that done that....

Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on jamming your hand into the door panel. most of the time they dont see me anywho.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:13 AM

I usually give the biker a wave on purpose if they are looking in my direction, especially in traffic.

my thought process is, if that guy see's me wave, directly at him, he knows, that I know, that he is there,
and in my little mind, he/she can go ahead and manage the traffic and not worry about me trying to occupy his space.

I will also often "assist" a biker in heavy traffic on the interstate, if its feasable, I will ride behind the biker, keeping a nice
buffer for him. if nothing else it eases my mind, if not his, that no one is going to rear-end him during the stop and go on the interstate.
I also will block a lane for a second or two if the bike wants over so that he can manuever freely without the chance of somone cutting him off.

the guy on the bike may or may not realize the subtle things I do, but it makes me feel better about myself.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Retired Moderator

That's pretty cool, Krash. Perfect attitude to have. I have often find myself trying to wave in the truck, as well. I never do, though. I figure it would just confuse the guy on the bike.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:44 PM

I don't do the "wave"...I give the "wheelie" full throttle motion. [sm=hia.gif][sm=joke.gif]I don't do that.

Quick Reply: Cager waves?