CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   BUYER BEWARE (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/buyer-beware-77267/)

crossbreed 09-03-2008 09:31 AM

BUYER BEWARE

As some of you know on the first of last month I got 2 new bikes all new gear and some mods all at one time and payed cash for it all! and you would think a dealer would think to take care of someone that just sent over 26,000.00 with them. Wrong not Mountain Motorsports where to start ok. first I called around asking what kind of deal I can get if I buy a 08 cbr 1000rr and a 08 cbr 600rr. this dealer told me they would knock off 2000 off each bike and give me 600 in free gear so I jumped on it. then when I get there they tell me they can't mark the 600rr down because it is there last one and they will not be getting any more this year! so I was going to leave. but my wife said no I want that one. so ok the deal is going forward. then he comes up to me the sales man that is and said the pipe on the 1000rr can't be free but they will give it toyou at there cost witch is 350! wrong again when I got home and looked over the paperwork they charged me 549.99 for the pipe. not done yet. so before we leave we pick out the gear we want and tell them and we order 5 things to this day only 2 have come in.so anyway we go to check out and they say it's 1800 or something like that I don't have the paper in front of me. and I asked if that was with my free 600 in parts this sales laidy said no we don't do that so I said hold on and I went to find my bike sales man because you can't deal with him on parts. and I asked him what is up with this and he said I never said that! so now I'm mad wanting to leave but they already have some of my money. so I stay. then after getting done with the paper work the salesman said ok bring your truck around back so we can load them up so I do. as he is loading my 1000rr up he stalls it 2 times I asked him do you want me to do that he said no I have too. so this time he gives it to much gas shooting the ramp off the truck and caseing my new bike. I lost it and started yelling! he said its ok it didn't hurt anything. so I looked and there it was a dent in my pipe. so I said look here and he said sorry we don't have any more in stock but I'll order you one and as soon as it comes in I'll call you and we will put it on.so I was ok with that not happy but what are you going to do? so this week end I go up there to get some oil and the parts I ordered when we got the bikes. well only one part came in the rear seat del. for the 600 opps its the wrong color so I tell them I want my money back on the parts that aren't here and this seat cowl that is the wrong color they said NO! so I go find the hmfic and tell him I want my money back on this stuff he goes and look at the computer and then the seat del. and said I'll give you a check for the stuff that has not came in but the seat del has a scratch on it so that is yours. I almost punched him. the seat del never left the counter! then I ask when did they get all them 600rr's over there he said last week there was 6 of them! so I said I thought you weren't getting in any more 600rr's! he said who told you that! I said you did! that is why you could not give me the deal you said on the phone! and yep he said it I NEVER SAID THAT!! so I left mad as hell! never to return!!!!!!

SO IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A BIKE OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH A BIKE! STAY AWAY FROM MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS IN CONYERS GA.

Sorry for the bad spelling

rrasco 09-03-2008 09:37 AM

RE: BUYER BEWARE

Wow! Another one for the book of stealerships. Sorry you had such an inconvenient experience purchasing your bikes. I would have been taking names... You should post your story on Craigslist under motorcycles; at least let the local community know. Either that or on a local board elsewhere.

Shadow 09-03-2008 09:40 AM

Call HC and ask him to whisper gently in their ear (before he removes their vitals !)
I'd have been out of there before you even started - never mind what the wife said, you could always have gone back in, once you'd agreed on a deal - they'd have been running after you to get another crack at 26000 clams !
Still, experience is a great teacher. I've made similar mistakes - but not lately.
Write your local paper, and contact the owner of the business, and ask if this's the way his company does business. IF YOU WANT RESULTS, GO STRAIGHT TO THE TOP !!

QB420 09-03-2008 09:43 AM

Holy crap, that's in my neck of the woods too. What a nightmare, I'm staying away from that spot. Crossbreed, you wanna ride sometime, I'm not too far from Conyers?

rider0033 09-03-2008 09:46 AM

sorry to hear that bro. i'd be pissed too. see but if you were to come back with a shot gun and **** them like they ****ed you then that would be illegal right?

rider0033 09-03-2008 09:52 AM

and also these dealerships have no passion. they prey on ours. they know that we will pay the big bucks for our hobby. do you remember when you would see the local dealers at the local race tracks. now they can even show there faces at bike night. i have a dealer over that at least throws bbq's every weekend and riders go hangout and are welcome even if not purchasing.

crossbreed 09-03-2008 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: QB420

Holy crap, that's in my neck of the woods too. What a nightmare, I'm staying away from that spot. Crossbreed, you wanna ride sometime, I'm not too far from Conyers?
I'm from Eatonton GA. but I ride every day its not raining went this weekend with freestyle Atlanta and rode they are sick! then I ran in to the 150 boys and made them feel bad when my 1000 passed there 1300 he he he!

crossbreed 09-03-2008 10:03 AM

oh and I fogot they didn't know about the pipe when I asked about it! and as far as names I've got them too.

crossbreed 09-03-2008 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Call HC and ask him to whisper gently in their ear (before he removes their vitals !)
I'd have been out of there before you even started - never mind what the wife said, you could always have gone back in, once you'd agreed on a deal - they'd have been running after you to get another crack at 26000 clams !
Still, experience is a great teacher. I've made similar mistakes - but not lately.
Write your local paper, and contact the owner of the business, and ask if this's the way his company does business. IF YOU WANT RESULTS, GO STRAIGHT TO THE TOP !!

who is HC?

N8 Dawg 09-03-2008 10:07 AM

those stealerships all do that....give you a deal you cant pass up on the phone, you get there and the **** starts falling through....I would have walked out the door when he told you the first lie.