Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

'busas

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see them all the time around here.

Show bike

Old 06-28-2010, 08:46 PM

Not for me. There ugly and heavy. I like bikes that are flick-able so I can move it easy.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM

i like um if there ridden like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS5hl3ElcbU

...stretched and chromed out, not so much

Old 06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red_Eye
I think Busas are awesome machines, when viewed as machines. But they are so indelibly associated with the stretched, chromed-out monstrosities so many of their poser owners make of them, and with uber-squidliness, that I'd be kind of embarrassed to ride one. Plus, I agree that they're ugly Functionally ugly to be sure, they wouldn't be the speed kings if that bloated bodywork wasn't aerodynamic, but when I'm ready to retire my Blackbird I won't be looking at the Eye-Abusa unless it gets a serious makeover.

Hopefully Honda will bring back the Blackbird.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice vid Bakes, here's one more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OINQN...os=5zBZRBjMr34

Fun can be had on a 'busa. After all the forum junk I've read about people hating on 'busas, I expected them to more or less just be cruisers and straight line monsters. We have 4 or 5 'busas in the riding group I ride with and they can corner with the best of them... Although the team leader seems to have sold his 'busa to buy a late-year CBR1000RR. :P

Old 06-30-2010, 04:21 PM

quite a few around here and the milwaukee wisconsin area where i work, one on my good friends that i ride with all the time as a 08 busa and a 09 M109R, not a lot of helmet wear'n around here either see lots on guys in shorts and tshirts, cant lie i dont wear mine much either till its cooler out im usually in pants a tshirt and my riding glasses

Old 06-30-2010, 07:10 PM

Well, at least your eye won't get put out by large flying insects.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by stretch_the_apex
quite a few around here and the milwaukee wisconsin area where i work, one on my good friends that i ride with all the time as a 08 busa and a 09 m109r, not a lot of helmet wear'n around here either see lots on guys in shorts and tshirts, cant lie i dont wear mine much either till its cooler out im usually in pants a tshirt and my riding glasses
thank goodness!!!! At least we have another person that will admit to not wearing his/her helmet! Much less admit to not going out like a gp racer every time they move their motorcycle.....

Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 PM

There's a lot of them around Austin here. Not to be racist at all but there the stereotypes do apply - a lot of black people live around my area and I see a TON of busas around here and almost inevitably they are extended swing arm and lowered, and almost piloted by a black guy in full squid getup.

From what I can tell it seems to be a status thing. These guys seem to like to ride their show bikes together to somewhere to be seen. Last weekend I had a couple friends in from Houston with their bikes and after a day of riding we rode out to a local grill for dinner. While we were in a bunch of black guys came in with helmets and set up shop on the other side of the place. When we left we checked out their bikes:

4 busas, all extended swingarm and lowered. Three of them had halos and LED lighting left on while their owners were inside.
2 ZX 14's done out the same as the busas.
2 gixxers, see above for how they were done out.

All show bikes, all LED lighting left on with owners elsewhere. Its a status thing. Its another way of showing off something.

Again - please don't take this as racist. If that's how they want to roll, its cool with me. I don't understand it any more than I understand a harley done out in full leather tassels by a 50 year old white guy but if it makes them happy, go for it.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:50 PM

I'm gonna agree with the status thing, i mean come on riding 1300's around does put you up there as a big dog. I'm actually looking to get a 06 limited edition the white one hopefully early july. For me its more less a comfort thing, i cant ride more than 30 miles before my legs are cramped and the rides sucking on my 900. I rode detroit and back when i had my 02 busa just stopping for fuel. I'm 6'4 250 and just get cramped up. My brothers 04 1k RR is worst than mine is for the leg room. I plan on keeping the 900 as the daily if i get caught in freak hail no biggie bike and more less roll the busa on trips and weekends, i have no interest in showing it or gawdy paint, i'm sure it'll get dressed up but there is clean and there is ugly. Personally i think a stock busa with the solo seat is gorgeous.
As my brother said the guys that spend 10k on paint, 20K on chrome and stretches are the guys that are afraid to go fast