Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

'busas

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Busas are awesome machines, when viewed as machines. But they are so indelibly associated with the stretched, chromed-out monstrosities so many of their poser owners make of them, and with uber-squidliness, that I'd be kind of embarrassed to ride one. Plus, I agree that they're ugly Functionally ugly to be sure, they wouldn't be the speed kings if that bloated bodywork wasn't aerodynamic, but when I'm ready to retire my Blackbird I won't be looking at the Eye-Abusa unless it gets a serious makeover.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They remind me of a beached whale.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear all you guys not liking the Busa's. I don't see any reason NOT to like the Busa in my experience. Again, don't get me wrong I love my CBR & have no intentions on getting rid of her. But, I would not hesitate for a minute to park a Busa in my garage next to my CBR. I enjoy jumping on my brother's 07 Black (no chrome or dressy crap) Busa every chance I get & he the same riding my old 93 CBR1000F which he thinks is pure class & loves still. If some of you guys do get a chance to enjoy what the Busa has to offer, take the opportunity, it might just change your minds. I agree with NOT dressing them up & making them just for show, that's not what the Busa was made for. The people who chrome them up & dress them up for show are not true bikers, they just want attention & I don't ride for attention, I ride for my passion.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 PM

I had the chance to ride one a couple years back but passed on the opportunity. I was 17 and had only been riding for a month or two (without a license), so as much as I wanted to, I knew it would be a terrible idea. I'd love to ride one, but being 21 it's hard to convince people to hand you the keys to their bikes

Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Red_Eye
I think Busas are awesome machines, when viewed as machines. But they are so indelibly associated with the stretched, chromed-out monstrosities so many of their poser owners make of them, and with uber-squidliness, that I'd be kind of embarrassed to ride one. Plus, I agree that they're ugly Functionally ugly to be sure, they wouldn't be the speed kings if that bloated bodywork wasn't aerodynamic, but when I'm ready to retire my Blackbird I won't be looking at the Eye-Abusa unless it gets a serious makeover.

Think most of my aversion to them is from what the owners do to / on them. That and I'm not an a$$ man

Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 AM

I see them parked at the gym all the time. All the gyms I go to, actually. I rarely see them actually out on the road, which leads me to believe they're just "weekend warrior" riders, just putzing around town with them (kindof defeats the purpose of such a powerful and expensive bike). I mostly see gixxers on the street, followed by newer-model CBR1000's as a close second.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm definitely outnumbered by squidzuki's in this town, which of course is fine by me, as it makes the honda that much more unique. i see plenty of busas, but almost always looking stereotypical...

people don't buy hayabusas to ride, they buy them to show off.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
i'm definitely outnumbered by squidzuki's in this town, which of course is fine by me, as it makes the honda that much more unique. i see plenty of busas, but almost always looking stereotypical...

people don't buy hayabusas to ride, they buy them to show off.
Dudee, bad forum etiquette! You know you're supposed to warn people before posting pics like that!

NSFV: Not Safe For Vision!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
helmet? busa riders dont need no stinkin helmet! the tank top, shorts, and flip flops give them a force-field like barrier.

btw perfect example of what i see around here. more chrome than you can shake a stick at.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Seen 2 busas with T.V.'s and speakers on them. They looked nice, paint job and all that but found it pointless to have the T.V. on the rear seat facing your butt I mean... at least them on your gas tank so you can view it or facing the other way so person tailing you can see it.