Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

buells

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: buells

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

so woody just becuase you know more then me about motorcycle racing im not even going to argue with you about your racing information although i think its a little skewed from some reading i have done.

but when honda or any other import brand comes out with a new design every one here goes wow hooo thats inovative. but when an american company thinks out side the box its equivelent to cheap things bought late night or on the dollor store. by the way how many buells have you owned woody? just wondering.

why is it every one in this country thinks if its not imported its a piece of crap? are motorcycles are garbage, are cars a garbage, are tvs and electronics are garbage. theres not one thing made in this country that people think is good.

i could sit here and list my experinces with harleys and hondas and other importeted products and domestics but im sure you dont want to hear them so i wont
once again, my racing experience has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, I swear I'm gonna have to change my name and take my bike out of my sig cause every time somebody argues with me they have to tack that kind of stupid line onto their post

please if you have information I don't about the buells homogulation that I don't, share it...
I quoted a rule for FX that the Buell doesn't even remotely comply with, they did melt down the engine cases, create an entirely different engine, and call it a "modified" engine, they did only sell 50 bikes in the US and thus far nobody has ever actually seen any evidence that the other 150 even exist, again not that anybody really cares since they have only finished one or two races since Daytona of 06.

and no I haven't owned any buells, and I'm not claiming to have first hand experience with them. I have been at a trackday where there were two buells riding. Both managed to spew oil all over the track during the day, one right in front of me, not a fun time.
I've had a friend almost crash on a buell because the handlebar bolts vibrated off while riding after a grand total of 30miles on the odometer.

people are wowed over the inovations of the japanese bikes because they actually do work and they actually do make the bikes better/faster. Buells just try to be different, sometimes it works sometime it doesn't.

and buells aren't just revolutionary in the handling, they haveshort wheelbase which means they turn in fast but don't have as much stability in the corners. Again they're going to extremes to make their bike seem like its just incredible when in fact its really nothing special.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

I like the look of the buells, the concept of them and the generally freaky nature of them. As far as racing them in a 600cc class, what is their displacement? I think they are much higher, so the question is should they be given preferential treatment??? Yes, why not? Do I care if Honda beats Suzuki or yamaha or buell or lockheed? No. I bought a Honda because of its reliability, not any racetrack success.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Retired Moderator

I don't care who makes it...if it runs good, you can name it "Piece of ****", and I'll proudly proclaim, " I ride a Piece of ****". The fact is, I ride a Honda because they are proven over how many decades? Some of the Buell rides look interesting, maybe even cool to me, but I am not convinced by anything that I have heard that they are a dependable bike. Just my .02...

Old 06-20-2007, 08:21 PM

I support Buell in the 600 class. I'd support any new manufacturer...that is if they don't sissy out through the innevitable critisizm and losses and maybe some blame that they'll experience. Of course, Honda, Yami, Kawi, Zook, Duke etc all had their development stages too, where they were probably critisized in many of the same manners that Buell is/has been critisized. I say let em run, let em break stuff, let em figure out better ways of doing it, let em get better.

If they're in the race justto boost the HDname for a couple years, orfor media frenzy to boost Buell sales, or just to half *** it, and then wuss out once things get a little rough--well then efff it...American products don't need another blotch on the record.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 PM

HAHAHAA you said HOMOgulation... anyway, when I look at a Buell I throw up a little bit in my mouth. I work for a Harley Davidson credit union so I see A LOT of HD's ride through. We had a poker run a week ago and I said "can I park my bike up there too?" and one of the guys actually said to me "yea sure and then lets see how long it's standing up for." Cute..... douchebag harley riders

Old 06-20-2007, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

so woody just becuase you know more then me about motorcycle racing im not even going to argue with you about your racing information although i think its a little skewed from some reading i have done.

but when honda or any other import brand comes out with a new design every one here goes wow hooo thats inovative. but when an american company thinks out side the box its equivelent to cheap things bought late night or on the dollor store. by the way how many buells have you owned woody? just wondering.

why is it every one in this country thinks if its not imported its a piece of crap? are motorcycles are garbage, are cars a garbage, are tvs and electronics are garbage. theres not one thing made in this country that people think is good.

i could sit here and list my experinces with harleys and hondas and other importeted products and domestics but im sure you dont want to hear them so i wont
once again, my racing experience has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, I swear I'm gonna have to change my name and take my bike out of my sig cause every time somebody argues with me they have to tack that kind of stupid line onto their post

all i said basically is i respect the fact that you know more about racing then i do and you flip out.

i didn’t go into the fact about them racing really all i said was you bash them and pretty much say there crap. you see 2 of them race and have no idea how there maintained or anything else and how do you bash any thing you don’t have experience with.

second im not on a high horse about American products. but every time something comes up about something being built in this country it turns into every one saying what a piece of crap it is you dont like that statement fine but its the truth. and being someone that has owned both American and import products cars and electronics and so on. i will say this there are product made in America that are better and ones made in Japan that are better and some times its just a matter of being different. i think sony makes some of the best product on the market although i no longer buy from them because of there business practices. i think a buell is just one of thouse product that is just different and might lack some quality to Asian bikes but i think implying it to cheap late night crap products is extreme.

by the way f4i 13000 miles on it leaked oil like crazy and the dealer repaired a few of the leaks so go figure.

Sorry for the grammatical errors some times the crap people say on here just gets me going.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
but they just fall way short (like American automobiles) of the japanese competition.
You haven't driven the Z06 Vette, have you?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

I'm a Ford man myself, the Vettes are sick, though.

Ford SVT should make a sportbike.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:25 PM

Well, the "Big Four" are pretty much running all over them in the races BUT...although I'm not a fan of Buell's, I do believe that once they get a stable racing/program down that they'll have a better chance at competing. My neighbor is a "Twin" fan. He's going to be trading in his TL1000 for a Buell. They were doing dealer "test rides" at the dealership in Deleware, OH...I missed out but he got to go. He told me that the power is there when you need it, Twin power, torque, just like your RC's, TL's and so on, BUT the top end sucks. Then again, I guess it wouldn't matter because I never see 3 digits anyways while I'm on the street. I give Eric Buell props, I just don't care for them myself. Everybody has their likes/dislikes and I respect that, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't try to convince them to Ride Red.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just needs a different partner to supply motors, other people make better twins than HD.

Quick Reply: buells