Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

buells

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: buells

Im all for it, Kinda curious to see how they do....

I love how the exhaust is setup, acts as a tire wamer too

<< whispers so my cbr dont hear me>> I would definetly like to have one just like this as a second toy

[/align]

Old 06-20-2007, 03:46 AM

I didn't think anybody was still racing the XBRR in FX

Buells are not nearly as well made as Japanese bikes, sure they have some "inovative" features but so do so many of those products you see on late night infomercials for $20, doesn't mean its a sound product. The buells still lack reliability and performance compared to the Japanese and hell even Italian and British brands.

I was never too happy about how buell made the XBRR legal in AMA. Melting down engine cases to create entirely new engines stretches the limits of the "modified engine" description especially when they don't want to actually prove they are using melted down engines and not just manufacturing new ones.
Plus the way they went about homogulation was a joke, they made and sold 50 bikes in the US. Fine right? Well 200 are required to be meet homogulation rules so Buell told the AMA that they made 150 more but had just sold them all in some random foreign country and couldn't be bothered to prove that either...

also AMA rules state:
Formula Xtreme competition is restricted to motorcycles (engines and frames) produced for US street use and available in the US through retail dealers.
the XBRR comes with a warning that its not to be used on public roads. Its frame is only a modified frame from their street bikes if by "modified" you mean completely new using some of the same ideas from other bikes and as I said the engines may or may not be melted down stock engines and even if they are good luck buying one through a retailer or even making it fit in any Buell street bike.

there are several more complaints but after the 06 Daytona 200 nobody really cared enough to complain.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 AM

so woody just becuase you know more then me about motorcycle racing im not even going to argue with you about your racing information although i think its a little skewed from some reading i have done.

but when honda or any other import brand comes out with a new design every one here goes wow hooo thats inovative. but when an american company thinks out side the box its equivelent to cheap things bought late night or on the dollor store. by the way how many buells have you owned woody? just wondering.

why is it every one in this country thinks if its not imported its a piece of crap? are motorcycles are garbage, are cars a garbage, are tvs and electronics are garbage. theres not one thing made in this country that people think is good.

i could sit here and list my experinces with harleys and hondas and other importeted products and domestics but im sure you dont want to hear them so i wont

Old 06-20-2007, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

so woody just becuase you know more then me about motorcycle racing im not even going to argue with you about your racing information although i think its a little skewed from some reading i have done.

but when honda or any other import brand comes out with a new design every one here goes wow hooo thats inovative. but when an american company thinks out side the box its equivelent to cheap things bought late night or on the dollor store. by the way how many buells have you owned woody? just wondering.

why is it every one in this country thinks if its not imported its a piece of crap? are(our) motorcycles are garbage, are(our) cars are garbage, are(our) tvs and electronics are garbage. theres not one thing made in this country that people think is good.

i could sit here and list my experinces with harleys and hondas and other importeted products and domestics but im sure you dont want to hear them so i wont
Corrections are in red. I didnt correct everything and lord knows I am not the greatest when it comes to spelling/grammar but spelling "our" as "are" grates on every nerve I have.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

Get off yer high horse... you won't find someone more patriotic and willing to support American ideas as me.

But I'll also call BS when I see it. The Buells are BS. I hope to see Dan Fischers baby make it into the races sometime. The Fischer MRX. It's not entirely made in the USA, but it's the closest to a real sportbike. A 650cc liquid-cooled V-twin, real brakes and suspension and tada... LOOKS LIKE A SPORTBIKE!

Buells are garbage. I can't stand 'em. They suck. Harley sucks.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned
Old 06-20-2007, 11:46 AM

My neighbor switched from a Katana to a Buell (insert joke here). It doesn't have styling that I like, but it runs w/o issue, carves corners better than my F4i, and has some good engineering features that other bikes don't have (oil in swing arm, fuel in frame, all to make it compact and save weight, and brake rotors mounted on the outside edge of the rim). Sure it's a 1200 and can't beat my 600 at anything over 80 mph, but V-Twin engines, no matter what type of bike they are in, aren't supposed to beat V4 high reving sportbikes at high speeds. Sure the HD stamp is on the engine block and I'm no fan of HD, but it's not due to anything other than preference (and the fact the leather wearing, tatooed HD riders will barely acknowledge any other brand in my experience). To each there own, my experience with Buell is not bad.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

We ride inline 4-cylinders...

Unless you got something I don't know about...

Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM

I kind of like the Buells, (except for the fact that HD and anything even remotely associated with it is severely overpriced)

Old 06-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Oops, inline 4 and not V4. What was I thinking?!
Thanks KidCr3nshaw.

Quick Reply: buells