Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Blue light special--what do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue light special--what do you do?

There was a recent news broadcast about cops starting to focus on sportbike arrests for speeding, reckless driving, and reckless endangerment. The reporter rode along with a cop that pulled a rider over for speeding, and the cop mentioned that about 75% of the time the riders speed off instead of pulling over.

I wonder, what percentage of riders on this forum pull over and what percentage take off? Of course, the poll is anonymous but feel free to post replies if you like. Of course, this assumes you are not carrying weapons, trafficing drugs, or anything much more illegal than just speeding...

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated, nor have I ever been affiliated with any federal, state, or local police, fire, or EMS.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Default RE: Blue light special--what do you do?

i grew up in the middle of no where, and the town is so small that we dont have police. my dad can leave his bimmer outside, keys in the ignition, and there are no worries, but surrounding areas have police...one night in high school...this kid i know who had a 500hp street car, decided not to stop when a cop pulled out, while the kid was headed into our little town...he knew the roads so well that he turned the lights off and easily outrun the cop..

that same kid, a few years later illuded a cop at night by pulling his brand new car into a new car dealership, backing into a stop,and ducking down...

Old 07-28-2005, 03:02 PM

You forgot legally carrying a weapon .
Just pull over , for all you know the cop may just want to ask you a question about your fender eliminator.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:22 PM

I always will pull over. I have no reason not to. If i'm speeding or doing something stupid and I get caught, it's my own fault. The police are just doing their jobs. I'm not going to run from the police and risk something worse then getting a ticket.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:22 PM

I agree, If your gonna speed or pull wheelies ect, on the street. Stop and take your ticket, running just makes the rest of us look bad.

Old 07-30-2005, 03:51 AM

Just had a kid in Richmond Va try to out run the cop and he wreaked. Yeah they suck, but why make a bad situation worse. Most judges will reduce a reckless driving down to excessive speeding. I'll take a 100 dollar fine over my life any day.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:51 PM

I've gotten a wheelie ticket and speeding ticket both on the freeway, not fun; but...

If you KNEW you could get away, would you at least try???

Old 07-31-2005, 07:36 PM

Since I am a firefighter in my city all the local cops know me and my bike. There are some that would pull me over if I did something wrong and I would take the ticket. If you run you could get in an accident and really have some problems. If you are breaking the law then you deserve the ticket. Cops get a bad rap but they are just enforcing the law.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:49 AM

Well where i'm at, a few years ago a sheikh's son got killed running from coppers and ever since then they created a law that does not allow coppers to chase you no matter what.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:44 AM

Ive done equally both...

If I am doing something like 10 mph over, ill pull over. If Im doing 30 Ill pull over after 6th gear wide open, and a few turns making sure im ok...

I made it a personally promise as of 2 months ago, not to get pulled over for any reason, cause I will be stopping... Ive stopped 2 times in the last 3 months. Cause runnings no use... I know a few cops here, and they told me that 90% of the times that they try to pull someone over for wheelies, or stunting, is to tell them to take it somewhere else and go about their way... cept like a few wks ago they tried to do that to someone and he ran, ended up a pile of MUSH spread apart by 2 cars...

which road will you take?

Quick Reply: Blue light special--what do you do?