Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Blue Fox's Future Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008 | 12:00 PM
Default RE: Blue Fox's Future Ride

photoshop those mirrors off also. Antyime I thought of getting a new bike I would hack off the license plate fender and the mirrors first. Makes it look way better. Along with putting some fluch mounts on there.

Old 01-12-2008 | 12:05 PM

I can't believe honda is still using those gigantic turn signals that look like something off a semi truck

Old 01-12-2008 | 12:30 PM

i cant wait to c wut you do with her! hey did insurance pay for your new helmet that you spiked? and your clothes that got trashed?

Old 01-12-2008 | 12:52 PM

I am planning to get my bike painted. I am thinking of really bold red, bolder than candy red on a metallic black. Now saw this bike, black over red looks nice too

Old 01-12-2008 | 12:54 PM
Banned

Very nice Blue! How is the insurance headache coming?

Old 01-12-2008 | 01:18 PM

Umm so I never heard what happened to your bike blue???

Old 01-12-2008 | 05:22 PM

Only thing it is missing is, the Fox Signature Rizoma Turn Signals. haha

How's the insurance headache going?

Old 01-12-2008 | 05:41 PM
|
Retired Moderator

Of course, but that's huge inflation by his local Honda hospital. The bike is far from being a true write-off. Depending on how much Foxy owed on it, he could buy it back, fix it himself, and caress his newly released-from-lien title every night before he goes to bed.

No payments, no insurance, for his '06 track bike...and a fresh Foxy '08 600RR for the street...

I just don't think such an outstanding member of the community should get Terry Schiavo'd:
You're right. I'm definitely buying her back, and she is going to be transformed into an all-out track bike. May take a little time though.

photoshop those mirrors off also. Antyime I thought of getting a new bike I would hack off the license plate fender and the mirrors first. Makes it look way better. Along with putting some fluch mounts on there.
Nope, I use the mirrors religiously. To me, they're as important as wearing a helmet.

I can't believe honda is still using those gigantic turn signals that look like something off a semi truck
That's what Rizoma's are for. I really wish they would start using the same turn-signals from their Euro bikes. Those are sick looking signals for being stock.

i cant wait to c wut you do with her! hey did insurance pay for your new helmet that you spiked? and your clothes that got trashed?
Yep, they're paying for all the gear that was damaged in the accident. Though, the only reason I spike my helmet is because it was already ruined in the crash (I hit my head when the bike layed down right before it hit the car.) That was the only reason I spiked it. But they are replacing my boots, jacket, helmet and gloves.

Only thing it is missing is, the Fox Signature Rizoma Turn Signals. haha

How's the insurance headache going?
Yep. She's getting Rizoma's as well. LOL. The insurance is going, but damn do they like to take their time. No worries though. They're the ones that are paying close to $55/day for the rental car, so they can take as long as they want (though, its warming up around here, and will claim MASSIVE "pain and suffering" charges if it his another 75 degree day on my day off, and I can't ride.)

I don't want to screw the insurance company (I already told them that too.) But I told them I want to come out breaking even or a little ahead for an accident that I didn't cause. Once I hear a final word from the insurance, I'll let everyone know.

Umm so I never heard what happened to your bike blue???
What happened after the crash or you didn't know about the crash itself?

Here's the thread showing the crash if you didn't already know.

https://cbrforum.com/m_450128/mpage_.../tm.htm#450128

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:43 PM

After thinking and putting it off for awhile, I have decided I am definitely getting Rizomas and some HIDs.

If I remember correctly, you said you had them converted to have running light. Do you have the link for that part?

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:51 PM
|
Retired Moderator

To make the Rizoma's running lights, I had to buy running light modulators. The only place I could find them at the time was from Watsen Design. But, you can't buy them from their website anymore by themselves unless you buy their signals. It might be a different story if you call them up and tell them you ONLY want the running light modulators. They cost me $15 for a pair.

I'm pretty sure you can find them somewhere else too, but everyplace calls them a different name, so they're hard to come by.

Quick Reply: Blue Fox's Future Ride