Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Blind spot mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blind spot mirrors?

Hey All,

just wondering if anybody here has installed blind spot mirrors - I noticed while riding I like to have the mirrors set so i can see directly behind myself when I move my arms out of the way. This renders 1/2 of the mirror useless (the inside), so, I installed some blind spot mirrors. They look pretty dumb, but they are definitely functional so I don't care. Just wondering if anybody else has done the same.

I'll post pics soon.

edit: it is functional in that I don't need to swing my head to look behind me while changing lanes - the blind spot mirror really does eliminate the blind spots, so I have a 360degree field of vision without moving my head at all

Old 05-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Default RE: Blind spot mirrors?

i wanted to do this too. i was thinking those little circle mirrors that stick on. Its especially hard to use your mirrors in a tuck position and i thought this may be the answer.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM

yea post up some pics, i want to see this. If it doesnt look too goofy i might do it as well. my mirrors are slightly convex. So i have a wider angle of view than a flat mirror.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM

I got rectangular ones, they look like those rubber doorstops that you wedge under the door. They were $2 each from autozone.

Pics showing all the views will be posted this evening, i promise! :-)

Old 05-05-2008, 06:49 PM

Here's three pics

1 - shows how far they stick off of the mirror
2 - shows the viewing angle (note you can see the front of my truck)
3 - shows where the bike is in relation to the truck

also, as an FYI this is withOUT adjustment - my mirrors need to be adjusted, but as you can see in the last pic there are some other things I need to get to first...

comments??

Name:  DSC00896.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  DSC00902.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  122.1 KB

Name:  DSC00904.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  164.9 KB

Like I said before - moving my head around just a bit left and right eliminates 100% of my blind spot, so I literally have a 360 degree viewing angle just by moving my head slightly left and right (as opposed to turning my head left and right)

Old 05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned

Defenitly function over form!I personally would rather look over my shoulder. What makes you more comfortable is all that matters.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:10 PM

ahh...yea those look goofy as hell...lolbut hey whatever works. I like seeing things, i dont trust mirrors too much, especially in cars. Good idea though..the circle ones would look a bit better tho

Old 05-05-2008, 08:40 PM

my buddy has the circle ones - I don't like them as much as I like mine because the angle isn't as much. And yes, I agree it looks SUPER goofy - but they are functional and I like that I now have mirrors when in full tuck mode and i can keep my eyes forward all the time. I can also always get new mirrors and just keep two sets, one with and one without the blind spot mirrors :-)

Old 05-05-2008, 09:45 PM
RCR

They look like bifocals, Im a head turner and would take too long to get used to for me. Plus if it works for ya do it.

PS someone took your back tire but left you a bitchen stand.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:10 PM

I like it. Right now I've got the circle mirrors stuck in the inside half of each mirror, and they don't help me much. I think I'll have to look into the style you got. I still turn my head before making a move, but something like that sure would make me feel a little better to know what's going on next to me/behind me on the highway.

Quick Reply: Blind spot mirrors?