Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A bird....

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bird....

What is the weirdest thing you have hit when you were riding? One time a bird hit my arm in the mountains at around 60MPH.. It felt like a baseball hit my arm....

Old 12-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: A bird....

I've been lucky on the road so far and have only been hit by the normal debris. I was on a group were a truck dropped a five gallon bucket. The first bike dodged it... the second one caught it. It was stuck between the front wheel and the frame. Female rider... she handled it like a pro.

Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 AM

That could have gotten ugly! I have had to dodge some tires and sometimes its more like reaction and when you think back you don't know how you even did it! You have to always pay attention! I almost hit a car when my back tire locked up on the oil slick and somehow i saved it and was next to the car in the middle lane. Thank God i didnt drop my bike or hit the car.

Old 12-25-2005, 02:56 AM
Muz

I had a small bird hit my helmet at 80kms, very glad I had my visor down.

I had a really close call riding down a busy 2 lane road. A truck coming the other way ran over a piece of metal about 1 foot long 4 inches wide and about half a inch thick and the thing went flying straight over my head and landed on the side of the road. I **** myself pulled over and threw the piece of metal far as I could. I would hate to think what would of happened if it didn't go quite as high

Old 12-25-2005, 09:38 AM

Thank god your fine now!!! That must have been pretty scary, I know as a new rider I prob would have to pull off to the side and regroup.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:17 PM

Knock on wood but nothing yet.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Retired Mod

the worst thing yet was running over some fresh road kill. i was following too close to a truck looking to pass and didn't see it. dont know what it was but it was about the size of a raccoon, possum, or large cat. blood and fur all over the lower fairings and my right boot and lower leg. i honestly thought i was going to get sick when i stopped to make sure everthing was ok.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:29 PM

I once had a Pidgeon fly into me when i had the Hornet 900 (919 to you peeps) it hit my right shoulder and popped everywhere, [:'(]
I had guts n sh*t all over, i think i was doing about 90mph but just glad it didn`t hit my head. Coulda been Ugly.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:18 PM

hit a car once, the car was ok but my right foot was a mess for a while

Old 12-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: Anubis

I once had a Pidgeon fly into me when i had the Hornet 900 (919 to you peeps) it hit my right shoulder and popped everywhere, [:'(]
I had guts n sh*t all over, i think i was doing about 90mph but just glad it didn`t hit my head. Coulda been Ugly.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

ok, had to come back with an edit.... sorry man, I'm glad you're ok. I had a duck fly into my windshield on my car once. Nothing big... I was doing maybe 25 and it was walking at the side of the road with a few other ducks.... then when I got beside it.... BAM. For some reason, it took off flying and made it to my windshield, rolled over the top of my car and down the trunk. It seemed unharmed, just got up and walked away. I couldn’t make this up.... the entire passenger side of my car was white.... I literally knocked the **** out of him. The poor girl riding shotgun had to look at it until I could find a car wash.

Quick Reply: A bird....