Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bikes batt dies and other rider would not help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bikes batt dies and other rider would not help.

i was on myu way to work there was hevy traffic and bike was overheating so at the stop light i decide to turn bike off. light turn green whent to turn it on again and nothing. it wanted to start but nothing the dash went off. i pull over to a gas station and wait a few minutes and try again but nothing...... i try to push start it myself but it was sort of gravely so the tire was just sliding. i was walking to work when i see another rider at the gas station and i ask him if he could push start me. he said, "i cant i am with my kids"... i say thanks anyway..in my head i said what a bitch. he had the bike in a truck. if it matters any he was white and had a new gxr. so i walk to work get someone to come back with me and help me and in a fre sec. we got it started. it was fine the rest of the day. what u think about this guy? i was late 30 min... and i am a asst manager. rant off

my bike, 2006 cbr 600 rr
LED third eye, front and rear turn signals, and plate light.
HID headlight and i run both on all the time.
WTF is up??? i run normal in 2nd gear at like 5,800k at 40 mph the speed limit here. so batt should alwasy be good.

PS i live in cali and i know lane splitting is legal but is it legal in normal streets of just highways??? please inform me i never lane split becouse i am never in trafic.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Default RE: Bikes batt dies and other rider would not help.

I guess **** happens, I wouldn't be pissed if he didn't help you, he could've had his reasons.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:19 AM

ouch i know..
but things happen hope you figure out whats wrong...
you check the battery for any defects? like low acid or water?
thats what happeend to the road warrior...low water and acid like mine lol.
the acid itself is like 6 bucks.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with you on this one, the guy was a dick. As for the battery.....some live forever, while other just carp it early, regardless of how their maintained. Would be worth have your reg etc., checked out just to be on the safe side to eliminate that being the cause.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:18 AM
Registered Users

i have an 05 and it was running great then went to go get fuel and shut the bitch off then nothing lights went out and started making a clicking noise took the batt in and it was dead so $130 later she's running like a champ

Old 11-23-2007, 07:41 AM

Yeah that guy was a dick and could have gave you a push. I'm a nice guy so I like to help others out when i can, but so people are just like that. Like was said before-some batterys will last years and others seem to crap out after a few years. You might be better off just getting a new battery and be done with it.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:42 AM

maybe he noticed you were dressed up as the pink power ranger and didnt want to alienate his kids?

Old 11-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Banned

My battery died at 6500miles in 14 months, so I know what it is like. It sucks that a guy couldn't spend ten minutes to help out. A few months ago I helped a guy push start his noisy, smelly, chopper, it was 3 minutes out of my life to help another rider out, he offered to buy me a few beers at his next stop (where I guess I'd have to push start him again) but I had to go.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:14 AM
RCR

I would of helped ya. But the guy did have his kids and probably didn't want to turn his back on them for a few minutes (good dad in my book)

On your PS. It is only written on the highway patrols laws for lane splitting. city laws don't have anything ya or na about it. Everone does it though even the motorcycle cops do at least here in the inland empire.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 AM

I wouldnt help a dic like you.

I would say running both sets of HID lights is working the battery too hard. You have a lot of eletrical on your bike and the alernators of bikes dont put out a lot. Bike batteries arent car batteries so it doesnt take much to drain them.

Tinkle charge it. Maybe it was just low.

Also turn ignition key off as soon as you turn your bike off. Leaving those lights on drains the batt fast.

Quick Reply: Bikes batt dies and other rider would not help.